Google Assistant trouble shooting

thanks Thomm, that fixed that error but now i have a new one “ActionPackage: not an object”

PS D:\Downloads> ./gactions test --project homeproject --action_package action.json
2019/02/22 23:50:26 Internal error processing ActionPackage: not an object

PS D:\Downloads> ./gactions update --project homeproject --action_package action.json 2019/02/22 23:50:38 Internal error processing ActionPackage: not an object

I used test instead of update. Did you try that?

wow I am actually amazed I got it working, windows 7 and the standard txt editor with save as ANSI

and well for me it only worked out when I did not put my project is into [ ]brackets

yeah just gave it another go and using test or update I still get the same issue.

Did you remove the [ ] brackets at the beginning and end of your action.json file?

okay I now have it working. I did remove the [] but when I saved the file as ANSI using notepad++ it put the [] back. I have now removed them saved and checked the file and it tested without issue. I can now see my test app ready to connect to it

Thank you Mva and Thomm for your assistance. Happy to finally get this one sorted

Great! your welcome!

So basically I got this part of the problem solved, but then in the end I got an errorlog in HA on kinda odd enough, I can only acess it via the duckdns subdomain and not .local anymore… weird I dont get it, I include the error log screen and the screen from my config edit in the configurator. If anyone got an idea, I`d gladly could use some help.

also i get some ssl handshake errors, which is also confusing me

ah ye i could not include the configurator part in the other post, new user limitations :slight_smile:
forumtest2

your intending under googleassistant is all wrong. everything needs to be moved 2 spaces to the right

1 Like

this may be a basic question - but once the issue above is worked around and all other steps are seemingly in place… What are the full list of “google assistant” commands that should be used (is there a list anywhere e.g. how to use scripts, switch, etc)?

You use scripts with ‘Ok Google, activate [script name/alias]’
With switches you just ask to turn them on or of, with dimmers you can use on/off dim, brighten, set to xx% etc

When you go to your Assistant app in settings under Home Control and click on the device there are hints for a given device.

hmm, i had to unlink
if i now link again, i give in my username/password
then i have an error, could not complete action, something wrong with connection …
restarted already HA, also disabled / enable testing again

hmmz?

Thanks for this workaround guys, but after I run the first command and it gives me the link I sign in but it gives me errors but I still get a cred file.
ERROR: Couldn’t fetch versions
ERROR: The caller does not have permission
2019/02/23 08:59:38 Server did not return HTTP 200

since I made that basic mistake, and searched a bit around and did not find too much, can you recommend any special source so I can up my “intending” knowledge, cause when I watched many tutorials on how to set this up, that detail was mentioned no where. Maybe I just lack the base skills on the coding here…

I used the standard editor here just saved as ANSI cause I wanted quick results. When I do my php stuff I usually use Notepad++. Is there any editor for the HA stuff that maybe does auto check for this basic stuff? Cause the configurator did not give me any errors at that point

What about Visual Studio Code?

Basic info about writing PHP in vs code can be found here: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/languages/php

Any chance your issue is similar to the one I posted here earlier?

If you get similar errors to the ones I posted with

logger:
    default: warn # or any level you want here... I think warn is the default
    logs:
        homeassistant.components.google_assistant: debug
        homeassistant.components.http.view: debug

in your config, and when looking at google’s cloud console’s log viewer then it might be a 0.88 thing I’m getting, rather than me botching something in my config.

1 Like

is some able to link the app again with 88.1 ? everytime i now want to link the test app, i always have the error at the end : check your connection …
never had this before, i dont know whats wrong
event created a new project, same error

here is an really interesting thread, for people that exposed a lot of entities…
today i wanted to turn on a light, google home just didnt do it, always an error, worked before always
ok, sync my devices didnt help… other lights were still working …
so i unlinked, but i was not able to link again, and i have done this a dozen of times already
seems i think there is now a limit on entities you can expose? something changed in 88 or in google

look here : Google Assistant: "Could not update settings" / "/api/error_log served" if more than a certain number of my devices are set to be sent

seems limit of entities is about 20 , so if you have more then 20 devices exposed , you have an issue!!!