The Google Calendar integration in Home Assistant is only the next single event in each subscribed calendar, which is fine for automation, but not much use for an on-wall calendar of upcoming events. I’ve seen various solutions suggested such as putting it in an iframe, but that’s unstylable and so pretty ugly.
Instead, I made a custom widget to display my calendar (shown here below a clock widget):
- Any number of subscribed Google Calendars
- All-day and timed events
- Scrolling area (that ugly scrollbar isn’t there on a mobile device)
- Configurable colors/css for each calendar and for past vs upcoming events
- Configurable update interval
- Configurable number of days forward
- Tap events to see details (end time, description, location)
Also note that the Google Calendar API complains if it considers your web browsers is a “WebView” and will not let you authorized. If you’re using such a browser (and trust it), you’ll probably find it has the ability to use different User Agent strings. The Fully Kiosk Browser that I use for displaying this calendar needs this for example.