Google Calendar google_calendars.yaml

Hi,

I have an issue with google calendar component.

I followed step by step as mentionned here https://www.home-assistant.io/components/calendar.google/

I have those lines in my configuration.yaml

google:
  client_id: REMOVED BY MOD FOR SECURITY
  client_secret: REMOVED BY MOD FOR SECURITY

But the google_calendars.yaml is not created …

Thank you in advance for your help

You should not post your IDs here.
I had to reboot my Raspberry Pi after configuring the configuration.yaml.
After the reboot the google_calendars.yaml was created.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I followed all the setup configuration steps and restarted. There are no errors in the log files and no mention of google services other than tss.google (text to speech).

I am not seeing the verification screen on restart and am not having the config file google_calendars.yaml created.

I am seeing that the Google API & Services has a “Submit for Verification” step for having someone at google verify your OAuth consent screen. This is not mentioned in the instructions ( https://www.home-assistant.io/components/calendar.google/ ) so maybe this is a new requirement from Google?

I just submitted a request for verification so I’ll try again after it gets verified.

1 Like

Nevermind.

After hitting reload on my homeassistant dashboard and checking the new notifications (the little bell icon in the upper right corner) I discovered that the OAuth verification notification was waiting for me there. This did not meet my expectation from the documentation that said: "After you have it running complete the Google authentication that pops up. It will give you a URL and a code to enter. " Instead, I had a waiting notification that required me to click on a link and copy the authentication code from the homeassistant message.

This could be documented better.

1 Like

A few of us have been whining about the popup notification recently turning into just a little red dot. Hopefully the developers are listening.

I haven’t seen the popup sorry.

Now it works :grinning:

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Remote your IDs from your original post

I can see my events in lovelace, it works nice, but I can’t see add _events service. I can see found and scan services but not this one… Can you help me?

I have this in google_calendars.yaml about that calendar:

Copy to clipboard

- cal_id: [email protected]
  entities:
  - device_id: storia_ditalia
    ignore_availability: true
    name: "Storia d'Italia"
    track: true
    max_results: 30

And it shows only the first event on that day also if there are more events…
How to have the calendar shows all the events in that day?

So I’m seeing some odd behaviour, and I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas…

When I edit properties in my google_Calendars.yaml (e.g. set tracker from true to false), or REMOVE calendars from the file entirely, the changes do not stick between HA reboots, even though I’m saving the changes to the file.

Has anyone seen this? Any thoughts?

I’m totaly confused at the moment. It would be great if someone can give me a hint.
Google calendar stopped working for me a few days ago. I have no idea why. After googling i read sth. about deleting the token. But i can’t find a token file anywhere. And it definetly wasn’t there a few weeks ago (i checked my backup files). Finaly i started to implememnt the calendar again from the beginning, but this also does not work. I get this error message. Any suggestion would be great.

Protokolldetails ( ERROR )
Logger: homeassistant.core
Source: components/google/__init__.py:347
First occurred: 10:46:09 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:46:09

Error executing service: <ServiceCall google.scan_for_calendars (c:3771f2eb987618db2fbbc1da7711ddf6)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1464, in catch_exceptions
    await coro_or_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1487, in _execute_service
    await self._hass.async_add_executor_job(handler.job.target, service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/google/__init__.py", line 257, in _scan_for_calendars
    service = calendar_service.get()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/google/__init__.py", line 347, in get
    http = credentials.authorize(httplib2.Http())
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authorize'

I found my error during further checks. I just had to “show hidden files”. Afterwards I found the token and could delete it. Unfortunately it still does not work. After doing all steps described here and using the notification that required to click on a link and copy the authentication code from the homeassistant message, I get this error:

The developer hasn’t given you access to this app. It’s currently being tested and it hasn’t been verified by Google. If you think you should have access, contact the developer

Does someone have an idea?

And again I answer my own question :confused:
after a few attempts i figured out that for me the most “howtos” are not complete. There was one step missing. After foolowing the instructions i had to set the publishing status to “in production” in the " OAuth consent screen"-menu as can be seen in the picture. Just if someone struggles at the same point as i did…

2 Likes

thanks alot

they really don’t want it be user friendly … no wonder people keep buying shitty smart home solutions in the cloud.

getting home assistant to work i manage , but that google api store is killing me :frowning:

maybe we’ll get some insight here, which seems to be the same as your issue… Google calendar retrieving unneeded data

Hi I am very new to HA having only just discovered it the other day and am fairly new to setting up a smart home.

I am running HA on my Unraid server and installed it using Hassio. I have my lights, phone & google speakers all loaded into HA.

I am trying to set up google calendar and followed the instructions as listed above but do not have the yaml file. I have tried restarting and also changed the publishing status as mentioned by @Manuel82 but still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m sorry but with this little information we can’t tell you were the error is. Probably it makes sense to start again from the beginning? Sorry I know this is no very helfull :frowning:

Can Anybody tell me where I can Edit the Secret ID and Client ID?
I did something wrong and just want to edit the configuration.