Google Coral PCIe?

I found the instructions to install the drivers but I can’t get the commands to work in the CLI. I just keep getting errors.

➜  ~ uname -r
➜  ~ lsmod | grep apex
➜  ~ echo "deb https://packages.cloud.google.com/apt coral-edgetpu-stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/coral-edgetpu.list
tee: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/coral-edgetpu.list: No such file or directory
deb https://packages.cloud.google.com/apt coral-edgetpu-stable main
➜  ~ curl https://packages.cloud.google.com/apt/doc/apt-key.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
sudo: apt-key: command not found
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
 54  2537   54  1387    0     0  11637      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 11655
curl: (23) Failure writing output to destination
➜  ~ cd /                                                                           
➜  / ls               
addons   bin      config   dev      home     lib      mnt      package  root     sbin     srv      sys      usr
backup   command  data     etc      init     media    opt      proc     run      share    ssl      tmp      var
➜  / cd etc
➜  /etc ls
NetworkManager        ca-certificates.conf  group                 issue                 mtab                  passwd                rsyncd.conf           shells                sysctl.d
alpine-release        colordiffrc           group-                krb5.conf             my.cnf                passwd-               s6-overlay            ssh                   terminfo
alsa                  conf.d                hostname              logrotate.d           my.cnf.d              periodic              secfixes.d            ssl                   udhcpd.conf
apk                   cont-init.d           hosts                 machine-id            mysql                 profile               securetty             sudo.conf             vim
asound.conf           crontabs              init.d                modprobe.d            nanorc                profile.d             services              sudo_logsrvd.conf     wgetrc
bash                  dbus-1                inittab               modules               network               protocols             services.d            sudoers               xdg
bluetooth             ethertypes            inputrc               modules-load.d        opt                   pulse                 shadow                sudoers.d             zsh
ca-certificates       fstab                 iptables              motd                  os-release            resolv.conf           shadow-               sysctl.conf
➜  /etc sudo apt-get update            
sudo: apt-get: command not found
➜  /etc sudo apt-get install gasket-dkms libedgetpu1-std
sudo: apt-get: command not found
➜  /etc

I’m running Hassio, am I not able to install these drivers using Hassio?

The term “hassio” has been retired for a couple of years, because it was confusing. But this is minor.

Could you help elaborate your setup / environment on your ASRock metal?

Yep, here is the info on my system

Hardware
Motherboard - ASRock Z590M
RAM - 16GB DDR4 3200
CPU - Intel Core i5-11600K
Drive - 1TB Crucial SSD

System info from Home Assistant

version core-2022.7.7
Installation Type Home Assistant OS
Development false
Supervisor true
Docker true
User root
Virtual Environment false
Python Version 3.10.5
Operating System Family Linux
Operating System Version 5.15.55
CPU Architecture x86_64
Timezone America/Chicago
Configuration Directory /config

Home Assistant Community Store

GitHub API ok
GitHub Content ok
GitHub Web ok
GitHub API Calls Remaining 5000
Installed Version 1.25.5
Stage running
Available Repositories 1073
Downloaded Repositories 12

Home Assistant Supervisor

Host Operating System Home Assistant OS 8.4
Update Channel stable
Supervisor Version supervisor-2022.07.0
Agent Version 1.2.1
Docker Version 20.10.14
Disk Total 916.2 GB
Disk Used 168.3 GB
Healthy true
Supported true
Board generic-x86-64
Supervisor API ok
Version API ok
Installed Add-ons File editor (5.3.3), Samba share (10.0.0), ESPHome (2022.3.1), Duck DNS (1.15.0), Let’s Encrypt (4.12.6), Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.108.2), Studio Code Server (5.2.0), Mosquitto broker (6.1.2), Z-Wave JS (0.1.65), SSH & Web Terminal (11.0.2), Nginx Proxy Manager (0.12.1), MariaDB (2.5.1), Frigate NVR (3.1)

Recorder

Oldest Run Start Time June 3, 2022 at 3:38 PM
Current Run Start Time July 28, 2022 at 10:04 AM
Estimated Database Size (MiB) 7248.82 MiB
Database Engine sqlite
Database Version 3.38.5

HA OS supposedly has drivers for coral installed

Thank you @tmjpugh - I was going to mention the same.

Also, @bphillips921 -

• HAOS is a locked down appliance OS - evidently (a) one cannot (easily) write something to the filesystem, and (b) I don’t think it even has apt-get.
  • Wow that’s a powerful metal for HAOS. :slight_smile: After the Coral thing is said and done, you probably would be looking for the next resource intensive application / service to give the CPU some exercise.

Awesome! Thanks for the help @k8gg and @tmjpugh!

Yeah, I went overboard on the hardware. I have it all in a rack mount case in my basement (my setup). I couldn’t source a Coral but wanted to use Frigate so I just decided to build a new server with some power to handle Frigate until I could get a Coral. I tend to overdue things, kind of a “go big or go home” attitude.

you should of sought out one of the T series cpus,. tdp is only 35w to 65w on those things (sorry to bump I came here after searching if m.2 coral was compatible with hass os) for my overkill project :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi @bphillips921. I can’t see any mini-PCIe slots on your motherboard.
Did you use an adapter to go from PCIe to mini-PCIe? If so, can you link what one you used. I’m struggling to find any.

Yep, I used this.

https://www.amazon.com/Ableconn-PEX-MP117-Mini-PCI-Adapter/dp/B07JBCL1CJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=2YQUJ42IGNHHV&keywords=Ableconn+PEX-MP117+Mini+PCI-E+to+PCI-E+Adapter+Card&qid=1673199841&sprefix=ableconn+pex-mp117+mini+pci-e+to+pci-e+adapter+card%2Caps%2C230&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExU0NOME5UN1AxSDRZJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTg3MDg0Q1Y0QUExVlFRWFVVJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2NzQ5OTIzRk5TNDFGUjA3REgzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1 Like

The Coral PCIe drivers don’t seem to be installed in the newly supported Odroid M1 board, I just checked with an M.2 device

Drivers aren’t in the board, it part of the OS install.

What coral model are you using?

The M.2 coral device, latest 10.0 version of hassos

There are several different models with different key types. The Odroid has an M key type slot.
As an example, If you have the dual TPU Coral, it will have the E type key and will not work.

That device wouldn’t fit the socket, how could I have installed that one?

An E Type will fit in an M slot.

Anyhow, it is the B+M version, works perfectly with the Frigate docker image over debian

Which one do you have though…