Google Music in HA -- Now as a media player!

Ciao @troy! hi i tried reinstalling hassio and integrating gmusic first and it worked, but as soon as i integrated everything else it didn’t find the media player entity anymore. there seems to be something going on …

:tada:

:frowning: – I’ll try to figure if I can do something. Honestly, I don’t understand how that could even be possible. If something has changed in HA to cause this, then it might be the end of gmusic_player :frowning:

:roller_coaster: – It’s an emotional roller coaster

thanks always for what you do! I think it’s a problem with my integration. can google home api’s be?

Hello, I have installed correctly, however when I play music from a playlist, the song data and the cover are not shown. When I play from stataion if it shows

I really want to add one shared playlist to my Playlists list which is my wife’s favourite playlist under her account. I subscribe to that playlist, but I can’t for the life of me get it to add to my playlists. I know there is no “simple” way to do this, but the gmusicapi has a get_shared_playlist_contents which is supposed to return the playlist item based on the share token. That should be in the same format as the list of playlists returned by get_all_user_playlist_contents which is used here.

I have tried to change the line:

self._playlists = self._api.get_all_user_playlist_contents()

to

self._playlists = self._api.get_all_user_playlist_contents() + self._api.get_shared_playlist_contents('AMaBXyl5y766J9MDfVEqkuHrvOGGdO8v5ueup0Da3yf6LAeUZv2w-PBmI_VDuncPFwpdQpVusd1v27z9Lv3kwdETdGXLTDpN2Q==')

but I still only get the regular playlists.

Any idea on what I’m doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Same problem here too!

The only change i’ve made, since the last time i saw this working, is some home assistant updates…

And solution found:

i’ve regenerate the app passwords and now is working…

Sorry I missed your notification

self._playlists = self._api.get_all_user_playlist_contents() + self._api.get_shared_playlist_contents('AMaBXyl5y766J9MDfVEqkuHrvOGGdO8v5ueup0Da3yf6LAeUZv2w-PBmI_VDuncPFwpdQpVusd1v27z9Lv3kwdETdGXLTDpN2Q==')

I see where your going with this. I don’t understand enough python to quickly know how to append this playlist.

Since your looking at the code ( apologies it’s a mess ) anyways, I think I would try to hack that in similar to how I added “I’m Feeling Lucky” to the list of Stations. From the input select, it is hard coded to be an option in the list – when starting playback, there is an if statement. basically if station is I'm feeling lucky run some other function to get the list songs.

I did a quick search of this thread, apologies if it has already been addressed.

When I add entity input_select.gmusic_player_station to a card, it only shows the first 4 stations.

My card looks like:

card:
  - entities:
      - artwork: cover
        entity: media_player.gmusic_player
        group: true
        hide:
          progress: true
        replace_mute: stop
        source: icon
        type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
        volume_stateless: true
      - entity: input_select.gmusic_player_source
      - entity: input_select.gmusic_player_speakers
      - entity: input_select.gmusic_player_playlist
      - entity: input_select.gmusic_player_station
    type: entities

ANy ideas?

Is it possible you have only added a few stations to your library?

This will only show the “I’m Feeling Lucky” station (that I added manually in the code) and stations you have added to your music library.

The type of card should not matter. As long as the card itself supports input_select, it should work. Under the hood, gmusic_player is simply using the input_select.set_options services to populate the input_select values.

1 Like

Worked like a charm… once I figured out what you were doing with the “I’m Feeling Lucky” I took the same approach and hard-coded the one critical extra playlist into the list. After a bit of mucking about I got it working… Thanks!

(And don’t worry about code quality with me… I’m a bigger hack than you are in my Python skills!)

1 Like

Hello all, I am having an issue getting the entities to install. gmusic_player shows up, but no entities. I have tried to find a solution searching the forum to no avail. HA Ver. 0.109.6 running in a docker container on a ubuntu server setup.

2020-05-11 18:31:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.service] Unable to find referenced entities input_select.gmusic_player_speakers 2020-05-11 18:31:23 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.service] Unable to find referenced entities input_select.gmusic_player_playlist 2020-05-11 18:31:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.service] Unable to find referenced entities input_select.gmusic_player_station

Thanks in advance for any assistance, apologies if its a silly error on my part.

Hello @dtech.2007

Seems like you are missing one the package files – gmusic_player.yaml – This file contains all the “helpers” used by gmusic_player – Also, please do not edit gmusic_player.yaml

Hi Troy, thanks for the quick reply. The file is there, have replaced it to make sure I didn’t foolishly edit the file by mistake. I still get the same error. I do not have packages working correctly and may be a problem. I have both gmusic_player.yaml and gmusic_config.yaml in the /config file. it is accessing the gmusic_config.yaml file fine. Is it possible my issue is because i am not using a packages folder? thanks again for the help.

Its me not using packages, just set up packages properly and now it is happy. thanks for the help and thanks for the work putting the integration together. next time I will follow the instructions…probably :smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know what will happen with this once GPM is shut down? (Google is starting the migration over to YTM for users now).

Will the stations still be accessible, and can new ones be created?

Hello Good Evening
I am trying to install Google Music in HA . But continuously getting more errors .
please find the below error screenshots…

error 4

I believe you will find and fix my issues …Because i am not well in HA

Hard to know until they actually do it. So far YTM still lacks a bunch of the basic features they will need to get people to move. (A basic one is the ability to request a playlist from Google Assistant which only still works on GPM).

They have been talking about moving for ages and I actually started using YTM about 6 months ago thinking that I’d make the switch, but I’m 100% back to GPM again… eventually they might get there… but it isn’t going anywhere any time soon IMO.

Hello Good Evening
I am trying to install Google Music in HA . But continuously getting more errors .
please find the below error screenshots…

error 4

I believe you will find and fix my issues …Because i am not well in HA

Haii dear achille

I am also getting same error .and I re installed my hassio .still now same issue running .
Can you please help me how do you fix the errors.
I spend more time for fix this issue . but still not done