Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

Followed all the steps and got everything working on the latest version of HA.

but it seems the sensors don’t refresh, anything particular to be done about that?

It would be worth you reading back up this thread. Here is the most recent post on the subject I think.

Also worth reading this - Subscribe to Events  |  Device Access  |  Google for Developers

Or this - Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released! - #263 by Townsmcp

Thanks for that, I did follow all of those steps. Will keep trying.

Thank you! I’d almost stumbled into the right sequence after several attempts but would never have got the cloud pub/sub part of it you added. That seems to explain why I had an integration that showed data but wouldn’t update. Having worked through this it’s now all working as expected.

1 Like

If I change the target temp in Home Assistant, it updates instantly on the Nest; But not the other way round: changing the target temp on the Nest is not reflected in the card in Home Assistant. I’m not sure about the actual temperature- that takes a little longer to change in real life, so I’ll need to wait for real differential, but it looks like the reported Home Assistant temperature lags the Nest.

Yay!

Only 15 hours? I think I spent double or even triple that to get it working!!
I started on Sep 22nd…

I know I started my posts obliterating what I thought was sensitive info but now in hindsight I think the only potentially sensitive info is the OAuth 2.0 secret. Considering all of the hoops and hurdles we have to navigate (and all of the failures!), I fail to see how a hacker armed with all of the info could make use of any of it without knowing your google account credentials, which is why I did not conceal any of my info in my last post except for the oauth secret.

1 Like

Is your HA running on port 80 then?

no 8123, I can acces my system via https://xxxxx.duckdns.org ( without a port number). Tested it via my iphone with wifi turned off

1 Like

Double check the subscriber id matches the subscription name.

https://console.cloud.google.com/cloudpubsub/topic/list?
Pub/Sub
Subscriptions
Subscription name

nest_subscriber_id: projects/home-assistant-295423/subscriptions/nest

Yes, the subscriber_id in HA matches the Subscription name in Google. But the card in HA does not update when real life changes are made to the Nest (though when it first starts it gets both temperature and target temperature properly).

Is there some debugging I can do directly on the subscription to see if that is updating on the Google side? Or link something else to that?

Also, more generally, it would be very helpful to understand how these things update. When I make a change to the secrets.yaml, do I need to restart Home assistant? Do I also need to reload the integration?
And on the Google side, if I change the subscription, or the callback url. do I need to re-start the whole project?

I think the subscription is updating in response to changes in the thermostat. I made several changes in target temperature, and can see a spike in the graph, of the Unacked message count. But that is not reflected in Home Assistant.

Yes, its working but is is not refreshing every x seconds or minutes. I have read thats is normal…

I hope that’s not normal. Every other sensor in HA updates within seconds.

You are right but what is the solution ( and yes I have the correct subscription id :slight_smile:) ?

It updates nearly instantly using the event subscriber, and if that isn’t happening it is a subscriber problem. Check out the trouble shooting instructions for subscribers here https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nest/#troubleshooting

This is my report ( it repeats)

2020-11-28 19:26:16 DEBUG (Thread-Heartbeater) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.heartbeater] Sent heartbeat.
2020-11-28 19:26:17 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:17 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 6.951604 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:24 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:24 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 5.749934 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:30 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:30 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 4.825307 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:35 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:35 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 4.379044 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:39 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:39 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 1.711310 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:41 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:41 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 3.528541 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:44 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:44 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 3.465193 seconds.
2020-11-28 19:26:46 DEBUG (Thread-Heartbeater) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.heartbeater] Sent heartbeat.

my last update was 24 min ago and it refreshed just after the screenshot

Who can share their graphs with me? I looks like I only get updates when humidtiy is + or - 2% and temperature is + or =- 0,5 degree (would explain the sharp decline and rise in my graphs). But is this a normal behavior of this integration? Who can tell me?

I check my subscriber id @allenporter and that meets the demanded requirements.

There isn’t a way to use the “time to warm” (do not know how it’s called in english, but is the thing that knows the time to warm up your house when you schedule a temp) function available on the nest in home assistant? Or there is a way to update the schedule via home assistant?

My updates are much less frequent than that. I only get a temperature change if I reload the integration.