Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

Hey guys,

just for your information:

I got it working after several tries. The Oauth2 credential screen redirected me to the Oauth consent screen, where i needed to create an app. I created an external app and defined my own email as test user. Now it works!

Maybe it helps someone!

Thanks. Here is the YAML. When I paste the URL into a browser is works just fine.

service: notify.mobile_app_xxx_iphone
data:
data:
attachment:
- url: >-
https://xxx.ui.nabu.casa/local/sidedoor.jpg

I have been a long time user of badnest and decided today to try the new integration and I am having some difficulties. I am getting the Something went wrong when I try to configure the nest integration.
My yaml file is:

nest:
  client_id: copied from google.apps.googleusercontent.com
  client_secret: mysecret copied from google
  # "Project ID" in the Device Access Console
  project_id: home-assistant-xxxxx
  # Provide the full path exactly as shown under "Subscription name" in Google Cloud Console
  subscriber_id: projects/xxxx/subscriptions/Nest_ha

uri
https://xxxxx.duckdns.org:8123/auth/external/callback
I must have missed something. Not sure what.
I followed message 263 above and now working.

Your project id looks wrong, it should be a long string of alphanumerics. Might be worth your re-looking at one of the guides.

My config:

nest:
  client_id: !secret nest_client_id
  client_secret: !secret nest_client_secret
  project_id: !secret nest_project_id
  subscriber_id: !secret nest_subscriber_id

secrets.yaml:

nest_client_id: 305307960111-e1cnd1a19hfsn1p6oha2f7umdd58kfi3.apps.googleusercontent.com
nest_client_secret: xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
nest_project_id: ebff85b2-5277-45ea-b794-6e6e76109995
nest_subscriber_id: projects/home-assistant-295423/subscriptions/nest

It’s working now - syntax error. thanks!

What is your corrected syntax?

I’m still getting these errors even though stream is working

2020-12-20 23:06:23 ERROR (stream_worker) [libav.tls] The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.
2020-12-20 23:06:34 ERROR (stream_worker) [libav.rtsp] method DESCRIBE failed: 404 Not Found

Any idea what to add to the logs config to disable them?
I thought libav.tls and labav.rtsp would be right ID but it didn’t work out

I followed message 263 above and now working.

I have now gotten the integration to link to my nest account, but none of my three thermostats or my nest hello came in. I clicked on all of them when the link page loaded.

@drthanwho known issue in https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/42793 – as for temporarily turning down the logs you could see the example in https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nest/#troubleshooting for adjusting the logger component and setting it to critical could work as a hack.

Yes, honestly not exactly sure what the problem was but tried a few different options with the attachment / URL syntax format (not the URL itself) and i got it to work.

Thanks for your help and for checking back!

@bschatzow see some suggestions in https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nest/#troubleshooting – in my case, restarting a thermostat made the google API start returning it. I’ve seen a few other examples where enabling the API helps. If none of that works, then consider going through the API instructions on the Google page and using the curl commands to verify if its the API itself or something else.

Hey Allen :slight_smile: Great work by the way! I have been following the Github issues yeah.

I have all of those set up in the logger already and have removed a lot of the issues. But the two I mentioned above are still coming through

@drthanwho thanks! so stream_worker is from homeassistant.components.stream.worker i believe, if you haven’t tried increasing the level for that to critical – but those log line come from libav so you might have to dig into that code to find the package.

Ah I actually had them all on fatal. I thought fatal was on top. I’ll try critical now

Not sure why all 4 devices are not available? I reset one and no difference. None show up.

I restarted the thermostat, I uninstalled the google links. I created a new project and still none show up.
What are the curl commands to use to verify the api or something else?

Home assistant logs:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:247
First occurred: 6:09:49 PM (9 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:16:24 PM

Config entry for nest not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds
Config entry for nest not ready yet. Retrying in 10 seconds
Config entry for nest not ready yet. Retrying in 20 seconds
Config entry for nest not ready yet. Retrying in 40 seconds
Config entry for nest not ready yet. Retrying in 80 seconds

Not sure what this means.

There should be additional error logs with details of what is wrong if you look at the full log? Likely something is misconfigured but would need to see the nest error log to be certain

Well either should do it given these are ERROR, not sure what would work then. Will keep poking on the long term fix.