Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

Hi, can you file an issue following Reporting issues - Home Assistant ?

1 Like

Hi,
Home or away is not supported by the SDM API. Are you using the legacy API integration or saying that something here used to work with the sdm API? I’m not familiar with eco when away.

Hi AllenPorter,

You’ve hit the nail on the head, and confirmed my suspicion - I didn’t know that Home / Away was not supported by the SDM API - but this makes sense, thank you.

Prior to Paying my $5 and adopting the native Nest app, I had been using the “Badnest” custom component, which did support the Home/Away. i do miss it, but appreciate the stability of the native Nest App.

FYI - “Eco When away” - is part of the “Auto Away” setting on the Nest Thermostat. So when it determines that the property is empty, it sets the status to away AND set the target temperature to eco temperatures (often <15C but this can be Set in nest App). The result is that if the property is empty, and Auto-Away kicked in, it’s quite possible for the temperature to drift past the set temperature without the the thermostat kicking in … but this is missed by the presentation of the Nest integration.

REF: How your home automatically switches to Home or Away with presence sensing - Google Nest Help

Hi,

Upon integration I’m getting the redirect to:

https://nestservices.google.com/partnerconnections/projects/sdm-prod/topics/enterprise-6284563463d-d4-42e2-8828-047dcf14c16c/auth?response_type=code&client_id=5474343563407511-0d1ocjj9grhmi208gqu766tdqoc4g6tv.apps.googleusercontent.com&redirect_uri=https:///auth/external/callback

And it’s resulting 404?

Hi @sg86 looks like the project_id in the configuration.yaml has some extra path. It looks like to be the subscriber topic name and not the project id. The project id has no slashes in it.

If I am reading that right, try replacing and going through the flow again. Good luck!

Hey, i removed the paths and got to the login screen!

However, now upon signing in i’m getting this:

Something went wrong
Please contact the developer of this app if the issue persists.

@sg86 ok thats a hard one. I don’t remember a common cause for that one, but maybe searching here might pull it up. I would recommend double checking all the steps (i know its a lot)

do I file that here or somewhere else? I finally found time to work on it again.

Hi! The link in Reporting issues - Home Assistant has instructions “If you found a bug then please report it in one of our trackers.”

Any movement on this? I upgraded to 7.2, but same results. My logs mirror ThePirat.

Hi,
I suggested additional logging that may help debug this, so looking forward to hearing back with that detail.

If you file an issue at
Reporting issues - Home Assistant we could probably have a more in depth chat, and it’ll get routed to me

Im pretty sure this isn’t about a specific home assistant version for what it’s worth given none of the nest code has changed in many months? But hard to say.

1 Like

Thanks again for all of your help Allen!

Ooops… I responded too quickly. I’m sorry, I thought the additional logging was what was providing the logs like the one ThePirat posted. Am I looking in the wrong spot for the additional logging? I really appreciate your patience with us newbs, I still consider myself a newb even though I’ve had HA running for about 2 years… LOL

I will file the issue with the link you provided.

I’ve had the Nest integration working well for a few months. I just recently got a nestcam. What can I do after I’ve got nest integration working but want to add a new device? Was hoping to not have to go through set up again.

You need to delete the integration, then re-add it. You will go through the oauth sign in flow to authorize that new device, basically. But not all 40 steps or whatever you did before. You won’t loose anything as the old devices will be re-added with the same names and device ids. Not pretty, but it works and I do this pretty much daily when developing and it’s ok just a few clicks.

Just a word of warning for anyone jumping to the beta of Home Assistant 2021.8 - The Nest integration is broken :frowning: I had to roll back as not being able to read or control the heating was a problem!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google/cloud/pubsub_v1/subscriber/_protocol/streaming_pull_manager.py", line 84, in _wrap_callback_errors
    callback(message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google_nest_sdm/google_nest_subscriber.py", line 77, in callback_wrapper
    future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 445, in result
    return self.__get_result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 390, in __get_result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google_nest_sdm/google_nest_subscriber.py", line 269, in _async_message_callback
    await self._device_manager_task.result().async_handle_event(event)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google_nest_sdm/device_manager.py", line 47, in async_handle_event
    await device.async_handle_event(event_message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google_nest_sdm/device.py", line 137, in async_handle_event
    await callback(event_message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google_nest_sdm/device.py", line 104, in handle_event
    target()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 464, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 498, in _async_write_ha_state
    state = self._stringify_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 470, in _stringify_state
    state = self.state
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/nest/sensor_sdm.py", line 132, in state
    return trait.ambient_humidity_percent
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google_nest_sdm/device_traits.py", line 111, in ambient_humidity_percent
    return cast_assert(float, self._data[AMBIENT_HUMIDITY_PERCENT])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google_nest_sdm/typing.py", line 10, in cast_assert
    assert isinstance(data, t), f"Expected data with type {t} but was {type(data)}"
AssertionError: Expected data with type <class 'float'> but was <class 'int'>

Fix PR landed last night, and the next beta cut should resolve this.:+1:

1 Like

After upgrading to the latest stable version (2018.8.5) my Nest integration is broken. I see several erros in the logs and it seems that some components are missing. Due to the broken Nest integration my automations and default config won’t load anymore. Has some advice to recover the Nest integration? These are the errors in my log:

2021-08-10 12:10:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for nest: unknown error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/homeassistant/.pyenv/versions/3.8.10/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 201, in _async_setup_component
component = integration.get_component()
File “/home/homeassistant/.pyenv/versions/3.8.10/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 490, in get_component
cache[self.domain] = importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
File “/home/homeassistant/.pyenv/versions/3.8.10/lib/python3.8/importlib/init.py”, line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 1014, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 991, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 671, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 848, in exec_module
File “”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/home/homeassistant/.pyenv/versions/3.8.10/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/nest/init.py”, line 11, in
from google_nest_sdm.google_nest_subscriber import GoogleNestSubscriber
File “/mnt/dietpi_userdata/homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.8/site-packages/google_nest_sdm/google_nest_subscriber.py”, line 15, in
from google.cloud import pubsub_v1
File “/mnt/dietpi_userdata/homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.8/site-packages/google/cloud/pubsub_v1/init.py”, line 18, in
from google.cloud.pubsub_v1 import publisher
File “/mnt/dietpi_userdata/homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.8/site-packages/google/cloud/pubsub_v1/publisher/init.py”, line 17, in
from google.cloud.pubsub_v1.publisher.client import Client
File “/mnt/dietpi_userdata/homeassistant/deps/lib/python3.8/site-packages/google/cloud/pubsub_v1/publisher/client.py”, line 45, in
version = pkg_resources.get_distribution(“google-cloud-pubsub”).version
File “/home/homeassistant/.pyenv/versions/3.8.10/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 466, in get_distribution
dist = get_provider(dist)
File “/home/homeassistant/.pyenv/versions/3.8.10/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 342, in get_provider
return working_set.find(moduleOrReq) or require(str(moduleOrReq))[0]
File “/home/homeassistant/.pyenv/versions/3.8.10/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 886, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File “/home/homeassistant/.pyenv/versions/3.8.10/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 772, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The ‘google-cloud-pubsub’ distribution was not found and is required by the application

FYI: solved my issue by running pip install google-cloud-pubsub

Hello Allen!

Thank you so much for your help with this. I double checked the items you suggested on GitHub with no change in the outcome.

I then deleted everything, started over, same outcome.

Last week I updated the host operating system to 6.3 and the core version to 2021.8.6.

I’m not sure which one fixed the issue but as we were about to leave for the weekend on Friday afternoon I popped into the home app to shut the house down and along the top I noticed a temperature icon with humidity under it. At first it didn’t register to me, we were busy trying to get out the door but in the car (I wasn’t driving) I went back to look again and what do you know, it’s up and running.

Nice to have Nest back in HomeKit again!

Hi all,
Sorry if this is the wrong thread… but am completely stumped.
I have received a nest battery doorbell and was hoping to have some type of integration into Home Assistant, as I see that the old nest hello doorbell works through the SDM route.
I have a nest thermostat, so have the integration working & setup.

So far I have tried :
Reboot of HA - no change
Remove integration, then re-add - no change
Remove integration, reboot, then re-add - no change

I am running the latest docker of HA.