Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

Yes, that matches my understanding and what we have documented at Nest - Home Assistant

Not sure the context for your response but if you are responding to the troubleshooting for the last person here but they said not a G Suite user name.

As far as I know I followed the instructions correctly, but I am getting an

ā€œAuthorization Error
Error 400: invalid_request
device_id and device_name are required for private IP: https://192.168.x.x:8123/auth/external/callbackā€

I did look at the troubleshooting tips but google will not allow me to input a private IP in the authorized redirect URLā€™s page.

What exactly am I missing here?

EDIT Looks like I had to log into HA from my public IP and then try and load the integration. All seems ok nowā€¦

Great, glad youā€™re working. The troubleshooting guide links to the rules Using OAuth 2.0 for Web Server Applications Ā |Ā  Google Identity for allowed redirect urls.

Thanks for all the hard work on this!!

I followed the guides and setup my cameras and thermostat with little issue. After a couple of weeks, the integration would need to be authorized again so Iā€™d open chrome with the profile for that google user and complete the re-auth. No big deal. I figured this was something that would get resolved in time.

Well, I let it rest in a broken state for a couple weeks during the summer when I was busy and came back to re-auth it and found that the topic had expired and I needed to go back and setup things from the middle of the process.

Iā€™m wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue with needing to re-auth every couple weeksā€¦

Thanks,

Alan

Hi,
The most common reason for this is because the oauth consent page is set to Testing rather than Production. Check out the Integration troubleshooting steps for more details. (On mobile)

1 Like

Oh, thatā€™s fantastic. I will swing through and correct that. Thanks! Alan

Anyone else getting rate limited?

Device manager error: Error from API: 429: RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED: Resource has been exhausted (e.g. check quota).: Too Many Requests

The quota dashboard shows my usage is under 1% for all services. Curious.

Seems to have resolved itself, so Iā€™ll chalk it up to instability in gcp

Is it just me or does everyones NEST thermostat read 0.2 out? As in the thermostat set itā€™s itself to 20 degrees but HA shows 20.2 and the 0.5 degree measurments are also 0.2 out. So 20 degrees is also 20.2 :frowning:
Any solution?

I never upgraded my Nest thermostats to Google, but due to some hardware issues I lost my ā€œworks with nestā€ entity ids.

Does the SDM API now allow you to have your nest thermostats be controlled by HA? Thatā€™s a one time (and not per device) $5 fee?

Yes Nest - Home Assistant

One time fee.

Does anyone know of a walkthrough video/demo of getting this going? I thought getting Google authorization working was challengingā€¦ this looks a lot more involved.

Anybody who is reading this topic and has a European Nest thermostat, could you please provide some information how the different states of the Thermostat shown in HA?

I used to have a Nest thermostat and I know it would switch to away / reduced mode if you are not present there for a while. I am curious how this information is provided to HA. I know that Google is not providing presence information, but how is the state changing when the device switches to away, and stops heating. What different states HA has from the thermostat when it is pre-heating, heating, or swithces to reduced, or eco etcā€¦

I am considering purchasing one, but I need these states to be able to interface with HA to my current heating controller.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have this working quite wellā€¦ For my doorbell. But in terms of the ā€œnewestā€ google/nest cams, while they do show up, they donā€™t seem to be able to stream video.

Is this a known issue? I know google has really made a bit of a mess in terms of nest vs. google home and so forth. The newer cameras donā€™t show up in the nest app eitherā€¦ only google home.

Hard to really understand what should or should not be available in the SDM api though, the documentation seems to specify that they do in fact workā€¦

Yes, battery camera support is a known issue and work in progress. The cameras were added to the API a few weeks ago, and have a different underlying technology for streaming that Home Assistant did not natively support. We had an architecture discussion for how this should work which I have working end-to-end locally and is now going through review (e.g. frontend and core. Hopefully weā€™ll get this out in a dev build that users can test out soon and start playing with. Follow along in issue tracking this if youā€™d like more detail.

1 Like

Hello guys, any news on this?
After three months, Iā€™m still feeling the same issueā€¦

Thanks

psā€¦I am on HA 2021.10.4 and have already re-do all the doc steps 3 times by then

@ThePirat have you browsed to your external url for HA to start authentication? Ie, if you use NabuCasa, browse to that rather than internal IP?

@Townsmcp I donā€™t use NabuCasa and yes, I tried with my external url (covered by DuckDNS addon).
I tried by using a reverse proxy too (NGINX Reverse Proxy HA addon), but with no luck.

Thanks

Add the extra logging and see if it gives you anything helpful. Just to check, the oauth consent screen is set to production right?