Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

Folks are saying there is an outage, not a problem with the integration

1 Like

Allen, would the outage affect service camera.snapshot throwing a timeout / cancelled error? Or just the ā€œbad gateway errorā€ mentioned?

Iā€™m not aware that the outage is still going.

Good day.

I have been struggeling through the not so use friendy explanantions to setup Google Nest with Home Assistant. I have created a Google Cloud project
I have done the setup of the API and the ā€œDevice setup accessā€

Now when I get to the part to finally integrate NEST into HA, I get an error when (after using the credentials) opening the ā€œlink to google accountā€ webpage: canā€™t link to ā€œNEST-VP11ā€ (Nest-VP11 is the name of my project in the Device access console)

I guess I am doing something wrongā€¦
I think I have used the correct project ID (although that was a search in itself because there seems to be NO relation between the Google CLOUD project and the DEVICE ACCESS CONSOLE???)

I went over each step AGAIN (whenever will someone make a much more clear manual, step by step, including pictures???) and although terms are used that Might be easy to understand for some, they are NOT clear for many others unfortunately.

Thanks for your help
Harpert

More to the aboveā€¦

In the explanation on the API setup there is a step called:

Test Users

however that step is not available:

I guess that is where is might go wrong (so nice these up to date manuals for idiots like me that really need a manual )

again thanks for the help

Check out the troubleshooting section of the guide with the words ā€œcanā€™t linkā€ which may give you some clues. (Likely you need to update application credentials)

(donā€™t worry about test users for the current error you are seeing, youā€™ve likely set production mode so it wonā€™t be used which is fine)

Awhile back I set a notification to go off if my Nest Hub Max ever received a motion alert, and today it actually triggered.
This issue may be resolved now.

Yes, my impression is that everyone should see this fixed now due to the resolution from Google.

Hey!

1. Any idea if the new wired Nest Doorbell (gen 2) supports WebRTC?
  2. Did someone find a way to get manage other types of events ā€” animals, packages? Or googleā€™s API does not provide those?

Another questionā€¦ I never made those events push properly to HA app.
Doing everything like it says here
Trying it with Nest Doorbell Camera (battery)
The MP4s are being saved in Nest media folder.
But this is what push notifications look like. And the weirdestā€¦ Once in a while, it works. How come?

Hi, Iā€™ve been having some problems setting up the HA nest integration for the past 5 days.

I have a 3rd gen nest thermostat that Iā€™ve been using with badnest for a few years.

Iā€™ve got duckdns setup for https that is working perfectly.
Followed ha google nest integration setup steps and had everything correct, after the install is complete no device is listed in the integration panel in HA and no device is found.
Log shows no error and I see the actual settings from the thermostat showing up perfectly in the log.

log:

2022-10-24 09:07:17.933 DEBUG (Thread-Heartbeater) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.heartbeater] Sent heartbeat.
2022-10-24 09:07:20.670 DEBUG (Thread-ConsumeBidirectionalStream) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Processing 1 received message(s), currently on hold 0 (bytes 0).
2022-10-24 09:07:21.026 DEBUG (Thread-ConsumeBidirectionalStream) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Released held message, scheduling callback for it, still on hold 0 (bytes 0).
2022-10-24 09:07:21.031 DEBUG (MainThread) [google_nest_sdm.event] EventMessage raw_data={'eventId': 'xxx', 'timestamp': '2022-10-24T07:07:14.568Z', 'resourceUpdate': {'name': 'xxx', 'traits': {'sdm.devices.traits.Temperature': {'ambientTemperatureCelsius': 21.18999}}}, 'userId': 'xxx', 'resourceGroup': ['xxx']}
2022-10-24 09:07:21.034 DEBUG (Thread-CallbackRequestDispatcher) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.dispatcher] Handling 1 batched requests
2022-10-24 09:07:23.898 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2022-10-24 09:07:23.899 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 1.892051 seconds.
2022-10-24 09:07:25.792 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2022-10-24 09:07:25.793 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 2.773369 seconds.
2022-10-24 09:07:28.567 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2022-10-24 09:07:28.568 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 3.936832 seconds.
2022-10-24 09:07:32.507 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.

I see now an error, that wasnā€™t there before:

2022-10-24 09:16:47.962 DEBUG (Thread-Heartbeater) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.heartbeater] Sent heartbeat.
2022-10-24 09:16:49.709 INFO (Thread-94 (_run)) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed non-terminating stream error 503 The StreamingPull stream closed for an expected reason and should be recreated, which is done automatically if using Cloud Pub/Sub client libraries. Refer to https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/docs/pull#streamingpull for more information.
2022-10-24 09:16:49.709 INFO (Thread-94 (_run)) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed recoverable stream error 503 The StreamingPull stream closed for an expected reason and should be recreated, which is done automatically if using Cloud Pub/Sub client libraries. Refer to https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/docs/pull#streamingpull for more information.
2022-10-24 09:16:49.722 INFO (Thread-94 (_run)) [google.api_core.bidi] Re-established stream
2022-10-24 09:16:49.723 INFO (Thread-ConsumeBidirectionalStream) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed non-terminating stream error 503 The StreamingPull stream closed for an expected reason and should be recreated, which is done automatically if using Cloud Pub/Sub client libraries. Refer to https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/docs/pull#streamingpull for more information.
2022-10-24 09:16:49.723 INFO (Thread-ConsumeBidirectionalStream) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.streaming_pull_manager] Observed recoverable stream error 503 The StreamingPull stream closed for an expected reason and should be recreated, which is done automatically if using Cloud Pub/Sub client libraries. Refer to https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/docs/pull#streamingpull for more information.
2022-10-24 09:16:53.503 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.
2022-10-24 09:16:53.504 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] Snoozing lease management for 4.993224 seconds.
2022-10-24 09:16:58.498 DEBUG (Thread-LeaseMaintainer) [google.cloud.pubsub_v1.subscriber._protocol.leaser] The current deadline value is 10 seconds.

Also tried restarting the thermostat several times and change the room settings, readding the integration several times, but same result.

Cloud pub/sub api and smart device management api shows continous ongoing traffic for the project.
cloud pub/sub requests 130, errors 22%, latency median 39ms, latency 95% 536,870ms
smart device management 14, errors 0%, latency median 524ms, latency 95% 1,992ms

https://nestservices.google.com/partnerconnections shows the project Iā€™ve created during the setup and every permission is in order.

https://myaccount.google.com/security alert for the project has been dismissed and allowed.

My problem is the same as the users here, but no solution there, just a closed thread.

Does anyone have a similar problem and know what to do?

Nevermind, device appeared today after restart, must have been some sort of google outageā€¦

Yes, there was in fact a Google API issue and they resolved it

Hi, is there anyone else having issues with Nest integration in HA? For the last weeks it started being a bit unresponsiveā€¦ needed integration reload or time to be back and workingā€¦ but in the last days it got worse, and now its getting nothing into HA. The nest itself works fine, connected to internet and with the Nest app it works. But HA doesnt get anything.

Iā€™ve checked that in gcloud the pub/sub was getting some cuts in the graph in the last weeksā€¦ and almost non working in the last daysā€¦

Anyone else with issues? any hint? thanks!

Last 30 days:

And last 7 days:

Can you elaborate on the issue you are seeing? Unclear what being a bit unresponsive means, etc. If you want to see what the nest integration sees is happening you can enable debug logging as described in Google Nest - Home Assistant

Generally that api metrics console youā€™re looking at wonā€™t really give a lot of helpful information given the way pubsub works (it just opens a long running rpc stream that messages flow over, which intentionally is reset every X seconds with a deadline error)

Thanks for your reply @allenporter

With unresponsive (sorry for my amazing english xD) I just meant that it doesnt answer as usualā€¦ In the last weeks without chainging anything in Nest area some days I saw the nest as this:

And the entities (3) from nest integration were also not availableā€¦

Some time it was workingā€¦ then not workingā€¦ sometimes reloading the integration fixed itā€¦ but its not happening anymore :frowning:

The pub/sub graphs I pasted is because they seem related for the days or moments I started seeing this problems.

Iā€™ve enabled logging for Nest, and the results doesnt seems to provide any errorā€¦ it even loads thermostat nameā€¦ sensor valueā€¦
I paste here data with the UUIDs and other stuff replaced with xxx:

2022-11-09 17:20:10.955 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up nest
2022-11-09 17:20:10.958 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain nest took 0.0 seconds
2022-11-09 17:20:15.461 DEBUG (ThreadPoolExecutor-0_0) [google_nest_sdm.google_nest_subscriber] Subscriber 'projects/xxx/subscriptions/xxx-homeassistant' configured on topic 'projects/sdm-prod/topics/enterprise-xxx'
2022-11-09 17:20:15.475 DEBUG (MainThread) [google_nest_sdm.google_nest_subscriber] Starting background watchdog thread
2022-11-09 17:20:15.612 DEBUG (MainThread) [google_nest_sdm.auth] request[get]=https://smartdevicemanagement.googleapis.com/v1/enterprises/xxx/structures
2022-11-09 17:20:16.931 DEBUG (MainThread) [google_nest_sdm.auth] response={'structures': [{'name': 'enterprises/xxx/structures/xxx', 'traits': {'sdm.structures.traits.Info': {'customName': 'xxx'}}}]}
2022-11-09 17:20:16.932 DEBUG (MainThread) [google_nest_sdm.auth] request[get]=https://smartdevicemanagement.googleapis.com/v1/enterprises/xxx/devices
2022-11-09 17:20:20.512 DEBUG (MainThread) [google_nest_sdm.auth] response={'devices': [{'name': 'enterprises/xxx/devices/xxx', 'type': 'sdm.devices.types.THERMOSTAT', 'assignee': 'enterprises/xxx/structures/xxx/rooms/xxx', 'traits': {'sdm.devices.traits.Info': {'customName': ''}, 'sdm.devices.traits.Humidity': {'ambientHumidityPercent': 51}, 'sdm.devices.traits.Connectivity': {'status': 'OFFLINE'}, 'sdm.devices.traits.Fan': {}, 'sdm.devices.traits.ThermostatMode': {'mode': 'OFF', 'availableModes': ['HEAT', 'OFF']}, 'sdm.devices.traits.ThermostatEco': {'availableModes': ['OFF', 'MANUAL_ECO'], 'mode': 'OFF', 'heatCelsius': 16.35437, 'coolCelsius': 24.44444}, 'sdm.devices.traits.ThermostatHvac': {'status': 'OFF'}, 'sdm.devices.traits.Settings': {'temperatureScale': 'CELSIUS'}, 'sdm.devices.traits.ThermostatTemperatureSetpoint': {}, 'sdm.devices.traits.Temperature': {'ambientTemperatureCelsius': 19.51999}}, 'parentRelations': [{'parent': 'enterprises/xxx/structures/xxx/rooms/xxx', 'displayName': 'SalĆ³n'}]}]}
2022-11-09 17:20:20.521 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.nest
2022-11-09 17:20:20.535 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Setting up climate.nest

OK, nest things your device is offline as it sent 'sdm.devices.traits.Connectivity': {'status': 'OFFLINE'} in one of the updates. The problem appears to be between your device and Google.

You may want to physically restart the thermostat following the google support instructions Restart or reset a Nest thermostat - Android - Google Nest Help

1 Like

Thanks @allenporter , that seemed the thing, and it was also off in the Nest app sorry. And thanks for the help, all is back online as it used to :wink:

1 Like

I have just added another camera, couldnt figure in Google where to add the device do deleted the integration, keeping the crededentials. Set up the app again, the camera is now visible in HA but I get this same error
Failed to start WebRTC stream: Nest API error: Error from API: 500: INTERNAL: Internal error encountered.: Internal Server Error
My other cameras are OK and I can view them in HA but the new camera doesnt show up.