Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

For future: You can add new devices in the partner connections manager linked from the integration document.

For the webrtc error: the nest API is giving back an opaque error so not a lot we can learn from it. I’d recommend checking out settings in the Google home app to ensure there are not additional restrictions on the camera, but unfortunately as is I don’t have any great ideas.

Could maybe investigate more in a GitHub issue if you want to go deeper log getting into debug logs etc

Someone else reported having the same error with Firefox. Try chrome or safari

1 Like

Yup, spot on, it doesnt like firefox, Edge and other browsers all good. Thank you @allenporter

Any way to send audio to Nest Hello?

Not supported by the smart device management apis

1 Like

It’s been quiet in here!!!

I have the same target. The API seems to return a cryptic userid (see an extract from the log below). Even this would be useful in the automations. Could this be added to the event passed to automations?

log:

2023-01-09 14:31:41.848 DEBUG (MainThread) [google_nest_sdm.event] EventMessage raw_data={'eventId': 'beb86e7d-d340-422b-9d69-d183b1a47131', 'timestamp': '2023-01-09T14:31:35.258Z', 'resourceUpdate': {'name': 'enterprises/f5aab925-8d05-451f-99a6-ef99524fcb5f/devices/AVPHwEuEpt2WcxdngsIPHvocCmqtViLd176ysBFsgyl9E2QySISAdMJshPz1ZJaJr4TptUXo2sIucrQ9MWAJx4hoQBrjeQ', 'events': {'sdm.devices.events.CameraPerson.Person': {'eventSessionId': '1640867539', 'eventId': '1555808381', 'zones': ['', 'Ovi']}}}, 'userId': 'AVPHwEuRN_kDwtf89E0zCO9JEss_Rwb69tJ8sOrn-9jd', 'eventThreadId': 'cf95e015-5acb-4d79-bb4a-49bc274de1c8', 'resourceGroup': ['enterprises/f5aab925-8d05-451f-99a6-ef99524fcb5f/devices/AVPHwEuEpt2WcxdngsIPHvocCmqtViLd176ysBFsgyl9E2QySISAdMJshPz1ZJaJr4TptUXo2sIucrQ9MWAJx4hoQBrjeQ'], 'eventThreadState': 'STARTED'}

events:

event_type: nest_event
data:
  device_id: a07fdcf2ec27228aa615ed896f8d914b
  type: camera_person
  timestamp: "2023-01-09T14:31:35.258000+00:00"
  nest_event_id: WyIxNjQwODY3NTM5IiwgIjE1NTU4MDgzODEiXQ==
  zones:
    - ""
    - Ovi
origin: LOCAL
time_fired: "2023-01-09T14:31:41.884386+00:00"
context:
  id: 01GPBF3E1WND9VTCXRA2VCVXXG
  parent_id: null
  user_id: null

My read of that response is that the userid is for the account, not the person event.

You are right, tested now by walking away from the camera (face not recognized). The userid is the same for all messages.

@allenporter any update regarding Nest thermostat not accepting eco mode? I see a couple of GitHub issues raised for the integration but can’t see anything else/updates

Are you talking about Nest Thermostat No Longer Responds to preset_mode: none or preset_mode: eco · Issue #90619 · home-assistant/core · GitHub ? It’s not a home assistant bug, right?

@allenporter ahhh ok. Thank you. I didn’t pick up on it being a Google bug from that thread. Let’s hope they fix it soon

Does anyone know why I might be getting this error when trying to link my Google account during the config process for the Nest Integration?

I’ve followed all the steps, but when I choose my account (same as Test User and Developer), I get this:

I would really like to get this working! (thanks)

I believe this also says “can’t link to” at the top? Check out the troubleshooting instructions in particular look out for mismatched client id and app credentials

Thanks for the reply!

It does not say “can’t link to”. The pic shows the full message on the page. I have been down the path of clearing the Application Credentials and re-entering the Oauth Client ID during the setup process. But I will try that again.

Do you know if this integration requires migrating your Nest Account to a Google Account? Mine is still on the OG Nest Account. Could that have anything to do with it?

I figured it out. Needed to migrate my Nest Account to Google.

Folks with cameras, I’m curious if you have tried out LL HLS yet. In particular set ll_hls: True in you configuration.yaml under stream. This can get your latency down to 3sec or so.

I only now discovered this. Massive improvement in my Nest cameras. Sad that I’ve gone so long without noticing it. Thank you!

This is surprising – ll_hls: True has been the default for quite awhile now so it should have already been enabled. I assume you are running a somewhat recent version of home assistant?

This is surprising – ll_hls: True has been the default for quite awhile now so it should have already been enabled. I assume you are running a somewhat recent version of home assistant?

Yes, 2023.9.2

So maybe the placebo-effect in action.

I will add that the Nest documentation still mentions having to enable it. Google Nest - Home Assistant

The config I added was:

stream:
  ll_hls: true
  part_duration: 0.75
  segment_duration: 6

which I took from: Stream - Home Assistant

Can anyone in here help me with this: Having problems with Nest devices. Ongoing issue I thought I'd fixed with GRPCIO

I had everything working beautifully, and now I’m stuck with it not working, winter is coming, and I want to switch my heating automations back on.

Any and all help appreciated.