Gosund EC3 plugs dead after Tuya Convert

I just got a 4 pack of the Gosund EC3 plugs. I chose these plugs since they are on the Tasmota compatibility list for Tuya Convert. After having used Tuya Convert to flash several lightbulbs, I was confident it would work for the plug as well.

Well I went through the steps for Tuya Convert and after connecting to the vtrust-flash wifi, all seemed to be working fine. Then I get a message that the device did not appear with the intermediate firmware and the attempt terminated. After that, the plug is not responsive. No light on the button, no power to the plug, and a factory reset does nothing.

Does anyone know of another way to try and reset this plug? Does anyone know if Tuya Convert still works with this plug? So far three of the 4 plugs are dead after the flash attempt. I have one left to try and flash but wanted to wait for any advice from the community.
Thanks

I got it figured out. Not sure if something changed in the Tuya firmware, but when you connect to the vtrust_flash wifi network with your phone or other device, it doesn’t allow the device your are trying to flash to connect. Once it gives you the error that no device appeared with the intermediate firmware, you have to disconnect your phone from vtrust_flash and run the flash command again. The plug then instantly is found and the flash is able to complete. Also I had to run the ./start_flash.sh as sudo or I got a permission error when it tried to create a backup file.

2 Likes

try this pre flashed plug

They look great, but no US version.

US version available for anyone finding this thread later:

Also an ETL certified version for cheaper from Cloudfree shop, when in stock: