Gosund P1 power strip with power monitoring

haha more learning :slight_smile:

I noticed that in the UART section

uart section the tx_pin was commented out. Very excitedly I removed the # but it still does not work. Is the baud rate of 4800 correct?

rx_pin: GPIO03

tx_pin: GPIO01

baud_rate: 4800

Baud rate is ok.
TX is nedless.
I do have the RX defined as rx_pin: RX but that shouldn’t be the difference.

What interresting in ESPHome logs?

Nothing in the esp logs apart from the obvious lack of any data. Same on the logs for the actual device. I have been working this through as I do have another identical device that still has tasmota installed. This is correctly showing the power information. My plan (I was just starting it) was to install esphome on this one to see if that works as I never actually checked the power information in Tasmota on the one I did first. However, looking at this I am wondering if this is maybe the board type. As far as I can tell the Gosund P1 is a generic esp8266 device and if I create the device the default board type is esp01_1M. However the YAML I copied changes to the board type to esp8285. Could I trouble you to check the board type you have?

No prob. I do have

esp8266
  board: esp8285

[old style entry]

Fixed Now all working

Occum’s Razor :slight_smile:

The answer was I have two Gosund P1 units, one (the one I used for power monitoring when I had Tasmota installed) works just fine. The second which I only ever used to switch things on and off does not (and I had never noticed) . I proved it by reinstalling Tasmota and had the same result. Maybe it never did, maybe it broke or maybe it is just different.

Thank you for your help. The good news is that I now understand a lot more about how ESP32 chips work, how ESPHome works and improved my YAML skills immensely

Your time is much appreciated, I am sorry I was wasting it :frowning:

As a footnote I guess its possible there is a different power measurement chip in the non working one so when I have some time I will take it apart and look

David

No prob, my pleasure.
I guess it is broken as I didn’t hear about other chips in those P1’s. But worth to check. Have a great time with ESPHome :slight_smile:

Anybody knows original template for Gosund P1 Powerstrip
I tried Gosund P1 Power Monitoring Power Strip (P1) Configuration for Tasmota but this wont act correctly.
I want main device button turn on/off all ports not only usb. And turn also led light on/off like originally.
And controll every relay button too individually.

Original template is not for Tasmota/ESPHome. If You mean template for this systems but act exactly as oryginal device before flashing, some have to create it.