Govee integration

Did they mention about a fix in the future to make this happen?

Well solution the support told me was buying a compatible version of led strips. At least that is their solution for now.
My guess is that it could be fixed with a firmware version update, but at the moment there is no known way of flashing or extracting the firmware from Govee led strips.

Hello.
After a bit of searching how I can integrate my govee light into HA I came across this homebridge-plugin.

It should support my H6102 Leds strips.
Is there anything I can do to get this integrated into the HA plug in? Because right now they don’t work with HA.

I am having a problem disconnecting LED strips with HA. Every night they disconnect from Home Assistant. The solution is to restart Home Assistant and then the integration will detect and include them again. Is this happening to anyone else?
Add that when it does not work through Home Assistant, it continues to work perfectly through Google Home and the Govee application.

1 Like

+1, I notice this not quite daily, but weekly. Usually I need to restart the lights themselves, or re-connect to WiFi via the Govee app as a last resort (which can be a pain, as my phone often connects to 5ghz WiFi).

From what I can tell there are a number of ways to control the lights:

• Gobee mobile app, via Bluetooth (most reliable, shorter range, local connection)
  • Govee mobile app, via WiFi (less reliable, only 2.4 ghz, longer range, Cloud connection)
  • Govee mobile app, via WiFi (less reliable, only 2.4 ghz, longer range, local connection if your hardware supports the new LAN feature rolling out - mine does not)

I believe the Google integration uses a Cloud connection, which ironically is more reliable.

Home assistant has 2 Govee integrations:

• Regular integration, which I’m not sure how it works but it seems to be different in some way (or at least reliability) than the google integration. I suspect it uses WiFi + cloud but that is just a theory.
  • Newer Bluetooth integration which I suspect will be more reliable and local, but is not implemented for all SKU’s yet (mine included).

Ok, I did start the work on the new integration but I have been too busy with work and its going slow, plus I’m waiting on a new Pi4 I was able to score to use as a dev environment vs testing on my production HA setup (the wife hates when I mess with things that work)…

That said, I did get some time to clean the code and figure out the whole packaging and publishing of this thing in GitHub and PyPI, this has been such a learning experience!!!

Here is my Govee Local API library:

The readme includes simple instructions on how to install it and run the demo utility that will allow you to control any supported device, it works quite well for me but I only have a few supported devices: 2x H6061 Glide Hexa Light Panels and 2x H6172 RGBIC Outdoor LED Strip Lights.

If you give it a try, please let me know how it works for you or if you have any problem, I’ll appreciate the feedback.

BTW, sorry I kinda hijacked this thread, I’ll create a new one once I have my integration ready…

10 Likes

I just got a set of govee h7050. The built in app is trash. I have it running with hacs integration but am awaiting your integration.

Or better yet, ordering another set and getting them running on WLED 8]

I have the H7020 model. I would like to test them but I don’t have the lan control option available in my app.

Hopefully soon, your work looks great.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping the H6003 is on LAN access soon. I have a dozen and while they’ve worked well for several months with Google Home asking Google to cycle the lights is getting old, pulling out my phone even more so. I’m brand new to HA and wanted to tie these to motion sensors but I’m having rate limit issues, I just want to be able to access them and automate them but so far it has been a bit of a headache. I would prefer Ziggby or Z-Wave but I didn’t really want to pay $15 or $30 per bulb. If they unlock LAN access for $10 a bulb I wish them the best in keeping up, they may become very popular very quickly.

10/18 Edit: I emailed Govee last night and they currently have no plans to open the H6003 bulbs to local LAN Access. Bummer and a half, I may have to return these then. With the polling rate issues, these things are just not responsive enough on motion sensors. I can’t walk from one end of my house to the other without the last light in the chain not responding at all.

10/19 Edit: According to a Govee rep if your device fits within their general firmware you should see an update soon, if it has device-specific firmware it may be added on a case-by-case basis. “At present, only general firmware devices support LAN control, while H6003 is a non-universal firmware device. The next version will consider whether to support some non-universal firmware devices.”

I emailed govee about Local Lan support on the H6076 and they said it was supported, despite being one of the listed models, so they gave me back some money. Happened to check again today and lo and behold the option finally appeared. The device had the same version as always so I’m not clear on what caused the option to appear. The app on Android did just have an update on the 8th so that might’ve been it.

1 Like

Waiting on LAN support for H6199, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I can’t get the Govee integration to show up as an available option.

I’m running HA docker, and I installed this integration in HACS, and restarted the container. This integratio shows up as installed in HACS, but when I go to Settings → Devices → Add Integration, the only option is see for Govee is “Govee Bluetooth” (which was there even before I installed this one). Nothing else shows up.

What am I missing?

Clearing cache or trying in a new browser?

Thanks. I tried all of that, but still had the same issue. But I did eventually get it working – had to update HA docker to the latest version, and then it recognized the custom integration.

Hi,

I have the Govee H6110. A few days ago my Integration isn’t reporting the state anymore. Does anybody have the same problem or is it just me? I tried reinstalling the addon.

I’m thinking about buying the Govee H6172. Does anybody know if they will work? The docs doesn’t show it.

I found a little “bugfix” for some people maybe. I have a H6144 and when I use an automation to turn it on, f.e. using any number for “brightness” it doesn’t turn on, although home assistant shows it is on.

But if I turn it on without entering a number in brightness, it turns on reliable. So but if I want it to turn on with a specific brightness, I use the following solution:

1. Turn it on without entering a brightness number
  2. wait 5 seconds
  3. Turn it on again but this time I use a number for brightness (i don’t switch it off in between)

I have a set of h7050 that are working, but dont have LAN control. I dont have an ‘effect list’ in developer tools for the light, is there any way I can use HA with effects\animations so I can call them in automations?

I have these as well. Can you call effects\animations from HA?

How do you use it with out CL install? Can’t get HACS to work with your repo.