Govee integration

Yes there are errors today. Hope they’ll fix that soon.

Hello there.
So from my Goove Application its working, but from my HA integration dont.
It’s caused by this aws down?

1 Like

For me it’s working again … try a Home Assistant restart.
Seems I got a very long time from API once where I am not allowed to retry / and will not retry (DDoS Protection on their site) - after restart this is gone.

1 Like

Yep. Its working again.
So, there is anyway from being independent from the cloud?

1 Like

Tasmota, but I don’t think Govee uses the right chips.

1 Like

Well, maybe someday … I played a bit with this …

2 Likes

Hi, I apologise if I am being a noob, but I am trying to add your integration to my home assistant using the add repository function under add-on store but it fails with ’ Invalid Add-on repository! ’ and the log shows:
20-12-05 15:58:28 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store.git] Cloning add-on https://github.com/LaggAt/hacs-govee repository
20-12-05 15:58:30 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.store] https://github.com/LaggAt/hacs-govee is not a valid add-on repository
20-12-05 15:58:30 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.json] Can’t read json from /data/addons/git/217cf69b/repository.json: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/data/addons/git/217cf69b/repository.json’
20-12-05 15:58:30 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.store.data] Can’t read repository information from /data/addons/git/217cf69b/repository.json
Any pointers on how to fix this would be appreciated

2 Likes

Also noob and also having this cannot add Repo problem today

1 Like

Sorry to hear you have issues, I’ll check that.

@Bazz-Man, @tandersonCT did you use HACS? I just tried it and it works just fine, then I saw the log showing supervisor instead of HACS.

The URL is: https://github.com/LaggAt/hacs-govee

Ah thanks so much. I thought HACS was baked into HA, now that I learned more there/installed that I have this working, appreciate the help!

1 Like

Need to decide which Govee strip to buy, so I have a couple questions :slight_smile: Does HA only work with the wifi strips, or the Bluetooth-only too? (I’m also thinking about the IR ones via Harmony hub :thinking:) Also, does it require an internet connection or local wifi?

1 Like

This integration uses the public api, so only internet capable devices work. On the first post we have a list of devices and what we know from users.

is there any plan to support the govee H6145 https://www.govee.com/product/rgbic in the feature?

1 Like

I do not see any endpoint capable of these features, so no.

ok thank you for the update

This isn’t a big deal to me, but if others see it maybe this will help. When upgrading Home Assistant (Docker) the last two versions, this integration fails with the below.

Once HA starts fully, I shut down the docker container and start it again and Govee starts successfully.

Setup failed for govee: Requirements for govee not found: ['govee-api-laggat==0.1.32'].

10:25:18 AM – setup.py (ERROR)

Unable to install package govee-api-laggat==0.1.32: ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: command: /usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-gjp52rrs/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-gjp52rrs/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-kizmtuf_ cwd: /tmp/pip-install-gjp52rrs/brotlipy/ Complete output (19 lines): running bdist_wheel running build running build_py creating build creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8 creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/brotli copying src/brotli/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/brotli copying src/brotli/brotli.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/brotli copying src/brotli/build.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/brotli running build_clib building 'libbrotli' library creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8 creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli/common creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli/dec creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli/enc gcc -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fno-semantic-interposition -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free -ljemalloc -DTHREAD_STACK_SIZE=0x100000 -fPIC -Ilibbrotli/include -Ilibbrotli/ -Isrc/brotli -c libbrotli/common/dictionary.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli/common/dictionary.o unable to execute 'gcc': No such file or directory error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1 ---------------------------------------- ERROR: Failed building wheel for brotlipy ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: command: /usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-gjp52rrs/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-gjp52rrs/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /tmp/pip-record-z02yfibo/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /usr/local/include/python3.8/brotlipy cwd: /tmp/pip-install-gjp52rrs/brotlipy/ Complete output (19 lines): running install running build running build_py creating build creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8 creating build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/brotli copying src/brotli/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/brotli copying src/brotli/brotli.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/brotli copying src/brotli/build.py -> build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.8/brotli running build_clib building 'libbrotli' library creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8 creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli/common creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli/dec creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli/enc gcc -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fno-semantic-interposition -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free -ljemalloc -DTHREAD_STACK_SIZE=0x100000 -fPIC -Ilibbrotli/include -Ilibbrotli/ -Isrc/brotli -c libbrotli/common/dictionary.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-3.8/libbrotli/common/dictionary.o unable to execute 'gcc': No such file or directory error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1 ---------------------------------------- ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /usr/local/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-gjp52rrs/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-gjp52rrs/brotlipy/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' install --record /tmp/pip-record-z02yfibo/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /usr/local/include/python3.8/brotlipy Check the logs for full command output. WARNING: You are using pip version 20.2.4; however, version 20.3.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the '/usr/local/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip' command.

10:25:18 AM – util/package.py (ERROR)
1 Like

Hi, Sorry if i have missed this somewhere in this tread but how is the request going to get this great integration included with core HA please?

1 Like

I paused that effort and switched to a custom hacs repository. This way I could react to issues faster and provide the ability to update right now.

See first post for installation using HACS.

1 Like

Havn’t seen that here, I’ll watch it when updating next time. After a restart, everything works?