Govee integration

Have you been successful in adding H6138 to HA?

Hey @luggat I just integrated H6056 which works for color, on/off and temperature. No light effects tho.

~Cheers

No not yet. Not sure if its me or simply not supported.

It worked well for a day. Trying to reinstall it and keep getting ā€œCannot connect. Is the API-Key correct and the internet connection working?ā€ Internet connection is working and API is corrrect.

I recently bought some Govee RGBIC (H61A0) lights and managed to get them added to homeasstant, but only with on/off and solid color controls. is there any way to control from scenes set in the Govee Home app?

Not with the Home Assistant integration. If you have homekit available to you there is a plugin that offers the ability to set scenes.

Perhaps once the local API is available it may be easier to access that functionality and weā€™ll see it in Home Assistant too.

I tried to install the Govee HACS integration and get the following errors when trying to add the integration under Device and Services after restarting:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:784
First occurred: 12:36:02 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:43:38 PM

Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration govee: No module named 'govee_api_laggat.govee_errors'

Any thoughts?

Hi guys,
do you run into rate limit issues too (therefore integration stops working and log shows rate limit warnings)? I assume Govee API has changed handling, just want to know if Iā€™m the only one with that issue before digging in.

@LaggAt
yes this is normal. Rate Limit can be looked up here: https://govee-public.s3.amazonaws.com/developer-docs/GoveeDeveloperAPIReference.pdf As i understand there are 10 calls per minute (per device), so just turning on and off would be fine, but if i change brightness it is very likely to run into the limit.

1 Like

I still run into issues with my own rate limit imposed via Node-Red. I hold the request if there was any other request in the last 30 sec. So I rate limit to 2 a min and about one or twice a week it still hit it. I never change brightness or color, just on or off and it is only maybe 6 times a day.

1 Like

Hi, I saw the change in the docs, thought the integration would not hit it.
Iā€™ll spare some time on it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi, Iā€™m using an H61A01D1 (3m rope light) with the integration configured as your original post says. For some reason the lights arenā€™t responsive to some Home Assistant commands - I have routines set up but they only work half the time. Any chance thatā€™s a common problem with a relatively simple fix? Or are these not fully supported yet?

By any chance will we see more than just the LED devices supported and some of their other devices added? I have a whole line up of other devices like Air Purifiers, Heaters, Fans and more Iā€™d love to see added.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just an FYI, this current integration is based on Goveeā€™s API so it only has access to what Govee lets you use. With this integration unless Govee makes a change there isnā€™t anyway to control their other devices.

Any idea why my govee integration doesnā€™t expose any entities? My LED strip is model ā€ŽH61393 and it got connected to the mobile app without any issues and the integrations seems to have accepted the API key I provided. There just arenā€™t any entities exposed in Home Assistant

sadface. Really wanna control my fan easier than through Alexa

Hereā€™s what Iā€™m seeing for one of my plugs (they all look similar)

supported_color_modes:
  - onoff
rate_limit_total: 100
rate_limit_remaining: -12180
rate_limit_reset_seconds: -1658607162.26
rate_limit_reset: '1969-12-31T18:00:00'
rate_limit_on: 5
manufacturer: Govee
model: H5080

Of particular note to me is the reset.

Ah ok, what a weird thing to do, kind of seems like a half backed instant then. They do make a range of products and would be great to see support for them through API/Home Assistant.

Iā€™m having issues with the Govee integration, it worked initially but stopped within a few hours. Below is what Iā€™m getting from the logs.

Error setting up entry govee for govee

July 26, 2022 at 21:19:04 ā€“ (ERROR) Govee (custom integration)

Could not connect to Govee API: API: API-Error 429: {ā€œmessageā€:ā€œrate limited! the limit is 10000 requests every 24 hours. X-RateLimit-Reset in Http Response Header shows the reset time.ā€}

July 26, 2022 at 21:19:04 ā€“ (WARNING) Govee (custom integration)

Rate limit exceeded, check if other devices also utilize the govee API

July 26, 2022 at 21:19:04 ā€“ (WARNING) /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/govee_api_laggat/api.py

API is back online.

July 26, 2022 at 21:19:04 ā€“ (WARNING) Govee (custom integration)

Any help in figuring this out would be appreciated.

Thanks

Having the same issue for few weeks now. Canā€™t even control any devices. Never going to buy any products from them anymore.

1 Like