Govee integration

I was using his LAN API one, then switched to his new Govee2MQTT … it works great!

1 Like

For some reason the Govee integration this thread is about as well as the Govee2MQTT does not control my string lights. It receives status updates when I turn them on through the Govee app. I guess I’ll boot up my homebridge container and see how that fairs…

Edit: Homebridge couldn’t turn it on either. Maybe me complaining they haven’t enabled local API for this device made them change something in the back end that broke my model’s non-app functionality.

H7020

Oh my goodness I took my string lights down because I was trying to set them up with a WLED controller which failed (my issues) and then I put them in the shower to spray off the years of cobwebs and weird bug marks all over them. I put them back up and the Govee integration this thread is about worked all of the sudden! Then to even more of my surprise the Gove2MQTT integration worked and WOW! I can access all of the Scenes and DIYs as “Effects”. That is all I’ve ever wanted. (Aside from local API for my lights which is on Govee.) Thanks to those that pointed out the Gove2MQTT integration. That thing needs to go official…

1 Like

Check this out, an “official” integration is coming in the next version of HA … no idea if it’s the old Govee LAN or something completely new:

1 Like

Thanks, make me even more cranky that Govee won’t update my lights to support LAN access? lol

1 Like

I know how you feel, I ended up biting the bullet and getting 4 Zigbee controllers for the older ones… figured it wouldn’t hurt to lower my Wi-Fi device count. :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm good find.

If this is making official something which was community built, well done guys! And also I’m impressed that it stayed under wraps haha.

If this is official from govee, even if it is just LAN stuff for now, it’s great that they are finally paying attention to HA and hopefully they will continue to develop the integration.

Going to be very interested to see how it plays out!

instead

When I search for ‘Govee’ via Add Integration, I got “Govee Bluetooth” and upon adding it, I get this:

This is on Raspberry Pi 3 with Bluetooth enabled (as far as I am aware)

Any advice, please?

Thanks.

Edit - seems to be broken? New topic at Bluetooth Issue on Core 2024.1.6

I couldn’t even find this integration until I removed the HACS govee integration. So…we can’t use both at the same time? Also…I had to get rid of govee2mqtt as well because I get an error when trying to add it.

My issue is that my lights, H6088, are not under the supported list even though they have local API control.

Kind of in the same boat, I’m sticking with govee2mqtt for now:

Looks like discovery is broken because my device IS on the supported list, and govee2mqtt finds it just fine.

EDIT: So apparently it’s UDP and has to be in the same VLAN as HA.

govee2mqtt kind of the better winner atm because i get scene control…but i cant use both at the same time its a bit unfortunate.

2 Likes

Is anyone else having an issue with this now? My API is now broken and can no longer connect no matter if I apply for a new API key or not. I still prefer the HACS version because a lot of my devices are not supported for the the official local control integration.

There’s a new Govee Local integration introduced in HA 2024.2

That’s only for devices that support local FYI. Most of mine do not.

2 Likes

Is this integration broken? I see it’s been updated only a couple of days ago but I’m unable to add it to my home assistant.
After downloading from HACS I’m trying to add it on the integrations page but I get the following error:

Error
Config flow could not be loaded: <html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

Anyone else?

1 Like

I think the integration this thread is named after is pretty much dead. Options I’m aware of now:

Official - great but only more recent LAN only devices.
Govee2mqtt - probably the best but runs in it’s own Docker. Has scenes support.
homebridge-govee - plug-in for HomeBridge. (some Scene support)

4 Likes

How/where did you add the H613A manually? Do you mean the “Add Entry” option in the Gove Bluetooth integration? Or do you mean you added it to a config file somehow?

I noticed that I still have a Govee folder and contents in my homeassistant/custom_components folder. I deleted the contents and renamed the folder. Now it will let me add the Official from integrations

1 Like

Just added my Govee strip to HA using Govee2mqtt and it’s working flawlessly, and it’s really responsive.
It’s a RGBIC strip, model H619A, and I have access to all the effects, each LED has its own entity so I can control them individually.
I didn’t expect much from it and it was the last device I wanted to add to HA because I thought it’d be a pain, but it’s not.
Tried the official integration first but I pretty much only had a ON/OFF switch ton control it.

1 Like