Govee integration

Yeah, I hope the official integration gets scene support soon. It was a pain to install the required MQTT stuff on my setup for some reason. Also, even when I got it working, when HA restarted the light would be unavailable. I had to manually reload MQTT to get the Govee2MQTT app to work correctly

Can I set the mode of govee lights somehow in HA? Like change the mode from color to video for the TV backlight govee?

Hi all,

Govee and roborock doesn’t match that good. Is there already a solution for it?

I have the Dreamview G1 Pro set and even with Govee2MQTT I can’t change the mode from colour to video with HA. I can set the effect I want, just not the mode.

Cant figure out or if its possible.when a automation start like when door opens starts it shows red colored light. and not defauld white light.

alias: Voordeur indicatie nederland lamp
description: ""
trigger:
  - type: opened
    platform: device
    device_id: -
    entity_id: -
    domain: binary_sensor
condition: []
action:
  - type: turn_on
    domain: light
    brightness_pct: 2
    flash: short
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 5
      milliseconds: 0
  - type: turn_off
    domain: light
mode: single

Make your code in the right format…

i think i got it you mean like this. right

If its an attribute you can change it

edit: so it looks you only have 2 modes :frowning:

alias: New automation
description: "test"
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - switch.keuken_koelkast
    to: "on"
condition: []
action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    metadata: {}
    data:
      rgb_color:
    target:
      entity_id: light.bureau_verlichting_kast
mode: single
1 Like

Hey folks,

I am wondering what the feasibility is of actually changing the way some of the devices interact. For my particular use case I am wanting to take the camera from the H605C model and change the logic on what lights go on, and the color based on what the camera sees. Right now the LEDs will change color based on what is on the TV in the logical position of the color on the TV. I am wanting to attach lights to a resin table I am building and have the light react to where my hand is positionally and not mimic the color of the table/my hand. I don’t want to manually wire 100+ sensors as previous makers have and I feel there is an alternative that lies with integrating camera technology and smart LED strips.

Is this possible with the current accessibility or can we only control the things we can control in the app?

Thanks!

What is a good poll interval? Mine is set to 10, but somehow I received an error in logs:

“Could not connect to Govee API: API: API-Error 429: {“message”:“rate limited! the limit is 10000 requests every 24 hours. X-RateLimit-Reset in Http Response Header shows the reset time.”}”

I only have 2 devices and I havent been constantly controlling those devices through HA.

The latter, as far as I’m aware.

Sounds like an interesting project though.

Got the new ground lights h7052 not sure if they are going to be as easy as just using h7050 code but currently not connecting - unknown device

I just used this process and was able to add my Govee smart plugs to Home Assistant. Thank you for providing clear instructions with links!

i got this working with the mqtt:

even the custom made _rainbow from in app is talking with HA:

Hi All,

I am attempting to get this integration to work with the Govee lights. I have an LED string Light set and M1 LED Strips to connect to HA. I have the API enabled in the app (LAN Control) but I cannot tell if having HA on a different subnet from the Govee lights is my issue and why they are not discoverable. The HACS plugin does not install since it cannot discover any lights. Thoughts on what my next steps could be here to troubleshoot the HACS plugin?

You can also create new effects in the app and these will then also appear in Homeassistant?

And what do you mean by

i got this working with the mqtt? How you do this?
You mean the addon Govee to MQTT Bridge?

I think the API does require you to be on the same subnet as I believe it works off of Layer-2. The only other way I would think this could work is if you used a DHCP reservation on the Govee lights so HA would know where it is every time. That is one struggle with subnetting of your network in that APIs that are broadcast based or looking for specific OUIs in MAC addresses do not work across a layer-3 interface.

My HA (Raspberry PI 4B) is on a wired connection in my network switch running PoE because I have the PoE hat on it. That port is assigned to my VLAN 253, which is also the same VLAN that my IoT wireless SSID is connected to. That way, all my IoT devices are on the same subnet as HA since integrations with all the other devices and ecosystems seems to be a more pressing need than management of HA.

That VLAN does have a rudimentary firewall in the way of access control lists if you are concerned about security, and I am. My HA is on a static IP Address and for the most part, the ACL is very limited in that the devices on that network only have DHCP and DNS access to my internal network for my DHCP (UDP/67 & 68) and DNS (TCP & UDP port 53) servers. The IP Address of HA is the only IP allowed into my internal network. I also allow Ping for diagnostics limited to echo and echo-reply icmp packets. Then, I block all the RFC1918 IP Addresses (10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12 and 192.168.0.0/16 and you could add RFC2544 if you want for 198.18.0.0/15). Then it is a “permit any any” after that to allow Internet access.

I have two identical H619Z strips that are both in Home Assistant using govee2mqtt, however, only one allows me to select one of the Govee effects. Any idea why or how to fix this? They’re the exact same model, exact same firmware…

Nevermind… Did a restart of the govee2mqtt add-on, restarted Home Assistant, and that did the trick. :sweat_smile:

1 Like