Grocy - Custom component and card(s)

I have installed 3.0 as a separate docker container on my system now and re-added the integration with this new installation, and my chores seems to be working as they should. I have not tested the rest, but I also did not see that many breaking changes in the api that would affect the component (or really, the underlying library pygrocy since that’s what talks to the api) when I checked them out, but I did just skim through them. I will try to test more of the sensors against 3.x when I have the time.

Edit: Everything to do with products seem to fail.

Now that you have more on your plate, how would you like to add more and see if we can import battery component?

The first thing is for pygrocy to implement this part, so go over there to make a feature request :slight_smile:

Great component and planing on using the task feature to begin with but Im missing a service, is it possible to add the service “add task” too?
Would like to be able to add tasks through automation, either in yaml or node red.

You can use the add generic service.

1 Like

Yes, found it after I posted the message. Experimenting with it now, but thanks for the answer.

I bumped the issue from September for the Battery tracking in pygrocy.

Also, thanks for the quick turn around on removing the track button.
I submitted a pull request that updated the ReadMe also.

1 Like

Im playing around with tasks at the moment and I have one problem at the moment.
If I dont have any tasks in grocy my lovelace tab disappears, im guessing its because the sensor.grocy_tasks state reports unknown for me when no tasks exist in grocy. As soon as I add one task the state of the sensor reports “tasks 1” and the lovelace tab works again.
Known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Feature, an autohide when there is nothing to show.

No, not just the grocy task card. Every card in the view disappear.

That is a bug. I will as soon as I have the time fix so that the chores and tasks can share the same card, with an option. I can’t tell where though.

1 Like

Hi there!

Why am I not able to install the integration?
I went to “Configuration” -> “Integrations”, I clicked “+” and I search for “Grocy” but there is no result…

In HACS, I’ve already installed Grocy custom component v2.2.2 and in Supervisor I have the official Grocy add-on v0.9.2.

Have you tried a restart? Cleared cache?

1 Like

I was able to add it after clearing the cache.
Thanks

1 Like

When I try to mark a task complete in the task card i get:
“Failed to call service grocy/complete_task. extra keys not allowed @ data[‘tracked_time’]”

But if I call the service from service tab I can complete it. Is this a known bug or something wrong on my part?

The task card is a bit off, I would think it’s a problem in the card. I should probably get to fixing this when I have the time.

1 Like

v3.0 pre-release of this integration is now out for you to try.

Breaking changes

If you still use Grocy v 2.x DO NOT UPDATE this component. This version have a breaking change that makes it not work properly with versions below 3.0.
For the add-on Grocy 3 was introduced in add-on version 0.10.0.

Abit of a n00b question, how do I install the 3.0 pre release? I have the 2.2.2 through HACS.

Press the three dots on the Grocy “card” in Hacs, pick “reinstall”, pick that you want beta versions and then it should be there.

Why do I always assume these thing are more complicated then they are.
Thanks!

1 Like