Guide for installing Inovelli devices in Home Assistant (OZWave v1.4)

:frowning: But what if you don’t have add-ons. How would one continue to use Z-Wave?

There will be instructions.

as @firstof9 said. There will be instructions. You’ll be able to run this package a number of different ways. The easiest will be an add-on with home assistant supervised. If you only run core, you’d go with a docker version or regular git installation.

1 Like

I was just asking about this on discord. Thanks @petro

I run the docker container on Ubuntu, hopefully they can get it nicely contained with a couple of containers or something, or all in one would be nice too

It’s already done, there are betas out there. This post contains alot of relevant info into trying out the beta.

1 Like

That thread scares me, guess it’s part of what we do using HA… Lots of issues, losing entity names, all your customizations, mqtt issues, etc… My network has 89 devices, it would take me a week to set it back up…

I do see the benefits of separation though…

Fun major release coming…

You shouldn’t have to set anything back up once there is an upgrade/update path. All the devices are stored in your zwave stick so they’ll stay in the network, if anything you might have to delete and rename some entities, which is minor and doesn’t require restarting HA to do.

I don’t know for certain, but it seems like the way things should play out.

That would be great, I’m sure it’s all just reading beta notes

Are there any supported_features for the light switches?

Not sure I understand your question

For instance in the customize.yaml file. Should i put anything like whats listed be below for inovelli’s dimmer switches.

light.inovelli_lzw31_sn_dimmer_red_series_level:
supported_features: 22

According to the manual the dimmer switch supports 22 parameters so that i put as a wild guess

No, do not change supported_features for anything other than the bulbs. Changing that is optional if you don’t get full functionality out of the entity in question. Even after changing it, there’s a chance it doesn’t work.

I dont know if you can help me with this, hopefully you can. I followed your guide and when i put the config path in on my yaml I lose my zwave network management. If i take out the config path it works fine cept I dont get the parameters of these awesome switches. of course with homeassistant restarts inbetween of editing of yaml

fyi I am running on windows 10 vm
I copied the files to
file://homeassistant/config/OZWave/config/inovelli/
and my yaml looks like yours with a different usb path.

Did you copy ALL the files from the config directory per step 1.2 ?

It’s probably a formatting issue. Can you post your zwave.yaml or the relevant section of configuration.yaml? It should look something like this:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/zwave-nortek
  network_key: !secret zwave_key_nortek
  #####################
  # Added for Inovelli lights on 04 May 2020, per https://community.home-assistant.io/t/guide-for-installing-inovelli-devices-in-home-assistant-ozwave-v1-4/172043
  ####################
  config_path: /config/open-zwave/config

device_config:
    #####################
    #          GE refresh non-sense:     https://community.home-assistant.io/t/z-wave-configuration-refresh-value-what-exactly-should-this-be/42767/2?u=kschlichter
    #          https://community.home-assistant.io/t/ge-enbrighten-light-switch-flips-between-two-brightness-settings-on-command/156324
    #####################
    light.outside_front_lights:
      refresh_value: true
      delay: 4

No I am a total idiot i used what i am assuming is the 1.6 ozwave files from another post as a reply on this thread. I used all the files and did the editing of the xml file and it seems to be fine. I still have to exclude and reintroduce the switch but I am just going to do that later. Thanks for the response I think I have it now.

You shouldn’t have to exclude it, I believe you can just do a Refresh Node and it’ll re-pull the data from the XML files.

I stumbled upon this forum trying to configure parameters for my Inovelli 4-in-1 sensors; just wanted to say it works great using the following configuration:

ozwave/config/manufacturer_specific.xml:

<Manufacturer id="031E" name="Inovelli">
    <Product type="000d" id="0001" name="LZW60 4-in-1 Sensor" config="inovelli/lzw60.xml"/>\
</Manufacturer>

With the corresponding file: lzw60.xml

Happy automating!

I used to GUI to configure zwave and so it’s not listed in my configuration.yaml file. Will step 3 mess up my current config, or is it safe?