Guide: How to learn broadlink RF codes

When you say start remote.learn.command. do you mean you hit call service? And that’s it?

***Right after I posted this I figured it out. Thank youuuuu. I had to dig deep to find the answer to make RF work lol

1 Like

Hi, does the 433.92 work for you? with broadlink rm 4 pro it doesn’t work, it reads the codes and everything, but when I send the order the curtain doesn’t receive it.

I tried it in the same broadlink app and in Home assistant and nothing, with 433 I have no problems, it is with the 433.92 only.

Greetings.

1 Like

Yep, same here. And when I set the 433.92Mhz in the default Broadlink mobile app, it works nicely. Is there a way to set frequency intervals in HA?

We have a Luminite RSF4 that controls 4 outdoor lighting circuits. It uses 433.92Mhz FSK for remote commands (4 circuits each with a simple one button on/off control toggle). I understand the BroadLink RM4 Pro will not be able to learn the commands from the existing remotes due to FSK. Do you think I can pair the RM4 Pro to the RSF4 receiver when putting the receiver in remote learning mode? Said differently, can an RM4 Pro send commands to an FSK RF receiver? If yes, that will be a huge step forward. Secondly, from what I have read (and hopefully not correct) is the Home Assistant integration with the RM4 Pro only works when the remote commands have been configured through Home Assistant. Can I do the remote commands setup via the Broadlink app and later incorporate them into HA routines etc?

I have a Broadlink RM Pro-E that I can learn and transmit RF with in HA.
The trick is to first read as ir (LED on Broadlink lights up) and then directly read as RF after that you can send your saved command :slight_smile:

Honestly, I always refer to this video for additing new devices. (364) Integrate BroadLink universal remote with Home Assistant - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks have added video to original post. The original post is written in 2018.

I having trouble learning RF codes. I have a generic curtain motor with a 15 channel remote. I’m trying to automate using an RM4 Pro. The using the new Broadlink app, the RM4 Pro is able to identify the frequency (433.82) but when it comes to learning the code, it just times out. Ive tried single pressing, multi-pressing and press & holding the key during the code learning phase.

When I trigger the remote.learn_command from HA, the yellow LED lights up. When I press and hold the key as per the HA notification, sometimes it goes to the next stage and sess press ‘x’ button again, but no code is learnt. The logs also say no radio frequency found in 30.0 seconds

I checked via file browser and don’t see the /config/.storage folder at all.

Any help?

when I had this issue followed these steps but was able to start at step 6.

Hey Raj, did you manage to get this sorted?

Same symptoms here, Broadlink App works perfectly, however I’m unable to learn it the codes from my remotes (433.92MHz…) that are easily added to Broadlink via the app. Cheers

Hey, no I read a bit about and it turns out that these remotes send random bits before and after the code for security reasons.

What I did was get a Tuya Curtain wall switch and did the automatons through that instead.