Guide: How to learn broadlink RF codes

yeap… i think that this is my case… :frowning:

That’s not your case if you can’t see the codes it is not due to rolling codes. If the code keeps changing every use them or is rolling codes.

Hello Mike, would you elaborate a little bit ?

If you can capture the RF code from the remote, however the code keeps on changing every time you capture it, and the code doesn’t work, then it is a rolling code.

Big thanks from my side. Struggled to get this going but it finally works with RF codes out of IHC.
This is exactly the walkthrough I needed. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

For those using the RM4c Pro and the new app (you cant add it to econtrol) I managed to get the RF codes using the following (not 100% sure if all of it is necessary…)

1. start with deleting you existing home and RM4 Pro from the app
  2. add new home in a different country / timezone
  3. add the RM4 Pro
  4. on the last step before adding to home, trigger the broadlink.learn command is hassio - services
  5. add RM4 Pro to home
  6. in the app go to add new device and add a new RF button. make sure it is correct frequency OR use autoscan (its a bit hidden on the screen but its there!
  7. once you have pressed learn in the app, trigger the broadlink.learn command again
  8. press your remote button
  9. see output in Hassio
  10. learn any other RF buttons you want to using steps 7 - 10
  11. once finished, the RM4c Pro will lock. reset it and add it again through the app. once the WIFI SSID has sent and blue light stops flashing, DO NOT FINISH THE SETUP! close the app.

you should now be able to send the learned RF codes through hassio or nodered

Hope this helps somebody!

7 Likes

Tried to reproduce the steps above but couldn’t make it work at all :sob:

Nick you are a legend. Took a few goes of pressing the learn command but you got me going with learning my RF fan commands with my Broadlink RM Pro 4 in the newer Broadlink app.
Cheers!

THANK YOU!! I am using the newer app, but this was the only thing I could get to work to extract the codes. I haven’t actually got them integrated into HA yet, but seeing the data in the file in .storage/… just made me SOOO happy! Thanks!

Hello to all.
I would like to know if its possible to know in HA if the switch is really on or off because my rf comand its the same.
Is there any other way to know it?

Hi from 2020. Thank you for this.

I got rm4 pro to connect to the app and HA still able to see the device. However, I cannot learn any code. I tried to manually scan for the frequency in app but it cannot. I also tried both frequencies to learn the code. Does it mean my remote isn’t compatible with rm4 pro?

Tes me too. Came across this after struggling for hours.

Thanks!!

I’m also using another method.

Nodered sequence. Inject>RM node>template> payload.
No need to mess around with HA scripts. Just hit inject each time you want to learn and copy the code from the debig message.

I was able to capture codes using a variation of ladaowner’s instructions.

I used the Broadlink e-control app to scan frequency and then used node red with the broadlink control node to capture the code. The advantage with doing it that way is I didn’t have to restart home assistant after every try.

To convert the code from the node format into base64 for home assistant I created a function node with this code:

var data = [178,0,42,3,9,20,9,21,9,20,9,20,9,20,9,21,8,21,9,20,166...];
node.warn(Buffer.from(data).toString('base64'));

I also confirm that this works! Nick cant thank you enough!
Took more than a few tries but it did eventually work.
Just follow Nicks guide and keep trying until you get the codes…

Thank you very much for helping!!! This took me 3 days of scratching head with iPhone, RM4c Pro and RF Remote from roller blinds

Hey everyone,

I wasn’t so lucky (or competent). I couldn’t make it work yet. My 2 devices work just fine on ihc and broadlink apps for years (it is no problem in making them work on e-control app either). With the broadlink integration, my rm pro was easily recognized by HA, too. On services, I select the remote.learn_command, fill the other fields with the suggested parameters, sweap the frequency in either e-control or ihc apps, receive a notification in HA to press the button to be learned and… no success. e-control / ihc confirm learning, my device is activated and HA timeout. No notification with codes, no HA log about the operation, nothing…

I have also tried the Broadlink Manager (that didn’t learn any RF signal), the RM Plugin as per Dr. ZZs tutorial (just like every other alternative methods he mentions). Please HELP!!! :sweat_smile:

Ok, found this video on youtube (with pretty much the same steps, but with visualization and some other details) and it was spot on!

If anyone in here is having problems, I think it can help.

@nikd1 - You talk about managing to get the RF codes with the process. But the RM4C Pro is an IR only device and dosn’t do RF! Did you mean IR Codes?

Can ANYONE confirm that they have managed to learn their RF switches with an RM4 Pro (Not an RM2 or RM3 pro+ etc) And use them in Home Assistant. I’ve not seen any proof at all online that people have tbh? Even the video link above uses an older RM pro 3 which IS compatible with the e-control app… The RM4 Pro is not compatible with this app!

Hi I still have the same problem.
If any one have a solution, please send us informations
Thanks a lot.