Guide: How to learn broadlink RF codes

It can learn commands, but it can’t listen for commands.

I’m sorry for delay but I was on businees trip.
This morning I’ve done test like your points.

1. Removed broadlink integration from Home assistant and re-started completelly.
  2. I had reset rm4pro to default
  3. Puted into broadlink app via AP connection
  4. Setted wifi ssid and password
  5. Disabled lock from broadlink app.
  6. Created a integration direct from HA panel, putted correct IP (my router had already Ip reservation for broadlink mac addres)
  7. Gone to Services on HA, started remote learn command with this config
  • entity_id: remote.broirrf
  • device: cancello dk1
  • command: Open
  • alternative: false
  • timeout: 30
  1. Orange led ON on broadlink for 30 second and
    8a. I tried to press remote button for long time
    8b. I tried also a very short press

Nothing!
On storage folder, I found the file “broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_codes” with IR code learned but the file has date 10/24/2020 = last test I made. Even if I open the files I cannot find “cancello dk1”

Really I’m loosing my mind.

Cheers Nick.

After flapping around for the better part of a afternoon with various tools. This worked for me. A bit long winded, but worked reliably.

I used the newer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.com.broadlink.econtrol.international app to configure the RM4 Pro.

Tip: Confirm IR learning is operational first as it wasn’t working for me initially. Once I got it that sorted I had confidence in RF learning.

Everything up to point 5 looked fine. But there are steps to take before your point 6! i’m not aware which device your trying to use? Googling the “cancello dk1” dosn’t bring up much information on what sort of device this is from what i can see?

After the point of disabling the lock in the broadlink app (Point 5)… Try to learn an RF command from this cancello dk1 device in the broadlink app.

Go through the steps to learn an RF code that you want to use in your integration with the app until you get to the stage in the RF learning procedure where the app asks you to confirm the RF code you’ve just learnt - And don’t continue. At this point, go over to HA -> Services, and fill out the information you’ve given in your reply. (As long as your 100% that this is all correct, you have a capital “O” for open not sure if that could be problematic?) At this point in the process, click call service. You should now see a notification pop up in the sidebar in HA saying it’s waiting for the command to be pressed.
now quickly go back over the broadlink app, click on confirm the RF command and use your RF device to send the RF command, Now you should see that the RF code has been recieved in HA, and the notification has disapeared confirming that the code was received. Now if you check .\storage you should see a .yaml file with your broadlink RF code in it.

As a side note, i know that the broadlink_remote_xxxxxxx_code.yaml file should never be editted manually. So if you have done, then maybe make a copy of the files contents and delete this file in case any permissions have changed stopping the file from being recreated in the event that an RF code is trying to be written…

Let me know.

1 Like

Hi
I called “cancello dk1” my front gate. The device is a standard motorized gate provided by came with non rolling code remote.
If I complete the broadlink app configuration and configure that remote on button: It work.

Now, I tried and I got the two codes for my first and second gate.
If I try to activate remote.send in HA , It doesn’t work.

Now… eureka. It work!!!
I learned codes, I putted on HA

entity_id: remote.broirrf
device: cancello dk2
command: “b64:codexxxxxxxxx”
num_repeats: 2
delay_secs: 0.25
hold_secs: 1

And the gate is open… HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
I’m really feel happy and I want to send my biggest thantk you as I can because it was 4 month that I’m tryng and doing tests.

Only one question: Now On Broadlink APP I still Have the broadlink configured. Do I have to remove it, from broadlink cloud? Really I wouldn’t like to have in cloud the control for my gate, so I prefer to remove it, but… It’s most important that work.

1 Like

Hi,
I have same issue to learn RF codes. Please could you explain how do you finally learn RF codes in HA?
In broadlink app I can learn my RF remote command at 433.92Mhz, but from HA I get RM4 pro in learning mode without getting any code (but it works for ir command)

entity_id: remote.broadlinkrm4pro_rack_remote
device: Gate
command: OpenGate
command_type: rf
alternative: false
timeout: 30

many thanks!

Hi Aldo.
It’s very hard to do, but only because I never use point, to point, the guides.
finally this morning i do the same as Oliver answer.

Please be carefull about timing: It’s neccesary to click “learn” on home assistant and very quickly start learning from broadlink app…

I also try to read other guides online but this, in my case work.

1 Like

ok thanks, I have tried several times without success. I will try more times
thanks!

That’s great news Daniele! Congrats! I know how frustrating this is… :slight_smile:

Only one question: Now On Broadlink APP I still Have the broadlink configured. Do I have to remove it, from broadlink cloud? Really I wouldn’t like to have in cloud the control for my gate, so I prefer to remove it, but… It’s most important that work.

It’s up to you. Now that HA is working you don’t need the broadlink app at all. As i am always adding more RF devices, I found it more convenient to leave the RM4 added to the Broadlink app so that i’m ready to learn other devices quickly. But there is no requirement to leave it added.

I’d be interested to know whether you can use broadlink cloud for google voice commands AND home assistant simultaneously once the RF devices have been learned. Most guides on the internet mention to not allow the broadlink register itself with the cloud if adding to HA however once all your devices are learnt you may be to able to do it?

My only fear is that once registered with the broadlink cloud that the RM4 Pro can only communicate with one endpoint at a time? (eg. Just broadlink cloud until cloud access is disabled, like some sort of lock on the RM4 Pro) But for my use case it would be handy.

Working here for RF learning finally.

Now am able to teach Home Assistant my RF codes. At least my Zemismart Roller Blinds remote is working with HA now :slight_smile:

The key to get it to work was to have the Broadlink app paired to the RM4 Pro device and disable lock device in the Broadlink phone app settings.

Then from the app it is important to initiate the learn new button and set the correct RF frequency of the remote.

Then have Home Assistant also ready in the background:

Then start the code learning in Broadlink app and immediately after that click call service in Home Assistant.

That way the Broadlink app is setting the Broadlink hardware to the correct RF channel and HA can lear the code.

5 Likes

I’ve been struggling with rf learning codes for months. Yesterday , everything was smooth. I pointed the remote to the broadlink device while initiating the example in the dev section. And voila.
Writing this post just to inform you guys, the ones who gave up before can now retry with the new update

Just to say thanks for this solution.

I’ve wasted a few hours trying to get this to work. Your solution gets the codes straight away.

Good to hear that it worked for others too :+1:

I donno how to learn with the new “BroadkLink” app RF commands. In the video he uses e-control app. In the broadlink app what is the procedure to sweep frequency?

in the broadlink app, how to create a button?

1 Like

How did you do with RF?
I have to do sweep frequency as describied but donno how to create the button.

The broadlink integration has now been updated and you don’t need use the app to put it into RF learning mode.

You can use the developer tools to invoke the learning mode (service)

example

service: remote.learn_command
data:
  entity_id: remote.rm4_pro_remote
  device: bedroom3
  command:
    - down
  command_type: rf
4 Likes

ok let me try and let you know

It worked for me. Thanks.
“command_type: rf” clearly was the difference vs. IR buttons learning procedure.
the only difference is that the script asks you twice. first to “press & hold the button X” and second “press the button X”.

1 Like

Perfect. It worked for me. Thx a lot