Guide to retrieve Xiaomi Roborock (and other) tokens!

Ah I understand, tbh I have never tried the roborock app. And since I have rooted it I only use HA and Valetudo. But I believe if you add it to a different app it will change the token. Not entirely sure, but I thought that that was the case. Only thing I can think of is to just try (but I am almost certain your token will change).

wow thank you this helped me so much, I was trying all other methods but always run into a problem with not having either rooted android device or windows

I was wandering the same thing…did you manage to use it in Roborock app after adding it in MiHome?

The answer is easy: No, you can’t do that. But the good thing is, that the Xiaomi App has all the same features as Roborock has.

Hi, I wanted to write my experience to find the token in the mi home app. I tried following the guide with bluestacks but the db did not have the token inside, not even encrypted. Then I copied the whole com.xiaomi.smarthome folder after having always rooted on bluestacks and I found the token inside the device_list _… file which is located in the \ com.xiaomi.smarthome \ files \ device \ cache.
token is highlighted in green to the right in the image.

3 Likes

Not working with latest MiHome app. But easy to find token as described in first post with old version of MiHome (don’t want to emulate and bla bla)

• I already had installed latest MiHome and added roborock, so I uninstalled it
  • install MiHome version 5.4.49 (I found it on apkmirror), then login … exit app
  • go and search “Plug_Devicemanager” and there u go, like posted by Jim in first post
  • after u have the token, uninstall the old MiHome and install the new one from Play Store

Thanks for suggestion. I’ve used this method yesterday, with Nox emulator (easily switchable to rooted), and it worked retrieving token for a Roborock S5 Max.

Please not that then I had to stop using Roborock app (suggested in user manual) on my main Android phone, in favour of Xiaomi Home app. This was due to the fact the two apps do not share users database.
As far as I could understand, token created and retrieved with Xiaomi Home app was erasing/overwriting the token initially created by Roborock app. Viceversa if I associated again my robot to Roborock app, this would have deleted the token of Xiaomi home app, but then I would not have a known token.

Hello
I have Xiaomi smart Home kit
1x hub, 2 x movement sensor, 2x door sensor, switch , and I buyed camera Xiaomi 360
All is eu version
When I switch hub to mainland China ( and install 5.4.49 ) I can’t add any device to the hub
Can you help me to get token
Is it universal

i get this error in mi home app 5.5.4. unable to initialize extension when i click on
my s5 max (it is online) but i cant see the map i have removed it from roborock app

Hi,

I ran into a problem today too. It took me a lot of time, but I figured it out.

After you get this message, cancel process. Turn off the app and get the token according to the instructions (it will already be loaded in the file). When you open xiaomi app, roborock will be added to it, but it cannot be controlled. Update app. Roborock will now be available and the token will still work.

Great ! Thanks!!! I have used a day to figure it out :-/ but it works even when I get the error !

Anyone notice that the token changes every few days? I have obtained it using wireshark, added it & for a few days it works fine. Then it just stops & I can see that the token has changed & it keeps doing this

I have the same token for months, though I do not use the latest version, I have rooted it as well. Also know that when resetting or updating your token will change.

Sure, no resetting nor wifi change & also has a static IP, still changes though. It is on the latest firmware & not rooted if that makes a difference.

Latest firmware you say? Ah I have no experience with that as when I rooted my device it specifically advised against updating. Not even sure if it is still easily possible.

If you get the chance get Valetudo RE on your device, you will not regret it. It will also free you from the chinese cloud!

Cheers, I’ll take a look

EDIT:
unfortunately S6 isn’t hackable yet

258/5000

This is the best method to obtain the token that I have found, simple and fast. I’ve only tried with the vacuum cleaner connected to the RoboRock app, but I suppose it will work with the Xiaomi app.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, as it stands, I cannot get v0.0.1 of this app to work with the latest Roborock s6 firmware (v 01.17.08).

dont work for s5 and s5 max :-/

I confirm, after firmware upgrade s6 pure 1.06.98 mi home old version does not show anymore the device.
I am looking for alternatives to get the token