Guide to retrieve Xiaomi Roborock (and other) tokens!

Ah, good to hear… Which firmware version of the Roborock do you have? Because the latest firmware is resetting the token every night?

I’m running the latest 3.5.8_0358 firmware.
If I check my logs between 3 and 4am it looses connection for a brief moment and comes back.

Sorry for a question on an old reply, but which app are you using to connect the vacuum? I just got an S4 and while the app gives me a token, it doesn’t seem to be working when connecting to Home Assistant.

Nevemind, I had one last ditch attempt and managed to get the token registering when adding the vacuum with the roborock app instead of the Xiaomi one.

Now onto the automations…

Hi, How did you get token out of Roborock app?

I just got my Roborock S6 MaxV (firmware: 01.49.66) and looking for a way to get token for HA integration.
Currently I am using it over Roborock iOS app, because it was not possible to add it to MiHome app. Getting token from MiHome iOS app is pretty easy, but never did it with Roborock app.

Check out the latest discussion on it over here:

1 Like

Just thought I’d pop in with another option of retrieving the access token. I came across https://github.com/PiotrMachowski/Xiaomi-cloud-tokens-extractor on twitter, which has worked wonders as another option for retrieving the token.

11 Likes

Thanks, it was almost too easy :see_no_evil::blush:

1 Like

This was honestly so helpful! Ty
I tried with downgrading the app and accessing the log file but the token wasn’t working.

This did the job perfectly

can we plaster this everywhere!
This is amazing

For some reason I get wrong passord when I try to use the extractor

I have got my token however I cannot add it to HA. It throws an error “Unknown error”

do you have static ip adress on the roborock?

Yes I do. Its just that I cannot connect it to HA I also got my token etc

do you have this one in your yaml config file?

vacuum:
  - platform: xiaomi_miio
    host: 192.168.1.63
    name: Støvsugeren i huset
    token: 7593257327502583020 

Got it finally working had to restart HA thanks

1 Like

unfortunately not. Mine has cameras and I can see live view from it in the Roborock app

Got it all setup in HA, but now the device is missing from the Roborock app. Can I not have it visible in both apps?

I believe if it isn’t rooted you can simply use both HA and the roborock app. If you did flash it with something like Valetudo or Valetudo RE, well then you can only use that (which is in fact the better option since you won’t make constant requests to Chinese servers)

Can’t retrieve the token anymore, got the ‘Login step 2 failed’ error, anyone have the problem ? thk