HA app has become slow on Android

tried that but now working. Still slow with flash message “Unable to connect to Home Assistant” , blank screen. On Pc page loads fine even on IOS.

Same for me since ~a couple of weeks every once and a while. Rebooting core fixes it sometimes, not always. Server utilization is fine and accessing via web browser is always fast as usual. Clearly a bug with the app, hopefully someone tracks it down soon

Is there an open GitHub issue for this yet? Didn’t find anything at first glance, would be nice to keep track

I have no idea TBH, I don’t use the UI in the app.

I scanned GitHub issues but did not find anything. The closest thing I found was this - it might be related but IDK.

I will open a new issue if it happens to me again and there is anything meaningful in the logs (they were cleared on the last reboot of my phone).

Others having the same issue:

That could also be caused by introducing nginx into the mix - which is completely unnecessary, btw.

Not true. I was the poster. It slowly solved. Now somtimes slow and I reboot my phone. Think it might had to do with that android background browser thing app.

I created a GitHub issue for this. Please add additional details and/or logs from your companion app to help.

Clearing the app cache (from phone settings) instantly resolved the issue for me. I had ~14mb in cache, I cleared it (but not system data), didn’t have to re-login and I didn’t lose my phone sensor settings.

5 Likes

The only thing for me that helps is to reboot the phone. Clearing app cache is never helping for me.

And sometimes it goes well for a week and sometimes some days.

No helpfull logging is to be found for me.

Same here. I thought it is the server, but using a mobile browser instead of the app it is fast.

Deleting cache had no effect. I will try reboot of the phone next.

Try force stop instead of reboot. Please add any additional details to the GitHub issue if you can.

3 Likes

I tried the “force stop” the app and it worked for me. I was thinking it was to do with my server especially mariadb and I had to update it etc but it was the android app. Hopefully it works better for me now.

2 Likes

Had this issue today as well. Force Stop fixed it immediately!

2 Likes

Same for me.
Force Stop or reboot solves the problem for some time.

2 Likes

Same goes for me. Couple of months the app start very slow, I get a pop up if I would like to wait of change the url. Rebooting my samsung s20 plus helps but is not what I like. Turing on a light is annoying because the wait of 10 to 20 seconds.

Same setup is used on iPhone mini which gives no issues at all. So must be android app.

Thx, that works…

Force stop the app works for me!

2 Likes

Hm for me on a Pixel 6 its nearly running normal. Bit slower. But if I open a fully configured energy dashboard it start lagging like hell and is nerly not responding…switching the days month and so on is not realy possible or takes minutes.
Before November 22 it was fast on every dashboard.
On a slower Tablet with Android 10 its nearly not usable whatever I do.