HA app has become slow on Android

when my phone stucks, I do a forced app stop, this will get it back to normal…
works for Android.

2 Likes

This is not really a workable work-around. Then you can better just use the browser option.

Hope they will find a solution.

I’ve only just started getting the issue. Are people on this thread still getting this issue or is my issue, which has just cropped up, likely to be a different issue?

2 Likes

Came here to say this too. Been struggling with the slowdown for a while and realised that a simple “force stop” sets it all back to normal.

I suspect it’s a memory leak with a video stream card, because I noticed my microphone sometimes remains connected indefinitely

2 Likes

Same problem for me the last few months. Switching between different instances (I have 3 HA-instances in the same app) used to be snappy, but lately it’s at least 3 seconds before ANYTHING happens when doing the three-finger-swipe.

Disable my cameras complete solves it for me.

Running the foscam and generic cam integration. After clean both integrations completely, all works fine now.

Think there is a problem with the camera streams in background. This is only my sollution at this point.

Using my cams now outside of HA. Hope they will make it work again.

Maybe someone can confirm that the Problem are the Cam integrations?

I dont have camera integrations so i dont think that is the issue, as i said on github the fix for me was the autoclear cache every day for the companion app, till this day my app still runs smoothly without lags. So there must be some memory leak i think.

Do you all use Duckdns? It gave me lot of random connection issues but only for remote and i fix it swaping Duckdns with Dynu DNS and now is working ok again and it opens faster also.

I asked this because if you use it you also use Nginx reverse proxy so maybe there is something with that?

Same for me. It is slower in navigation, but also doorbell notifications set to critical/high are comming in 3 to 6 minutes after the event (also reolink doorbell)

hey @gitlaman how did you swap from duckdns to dynudns? I need the auth token from dynudns and have got no idea on how to get it. Also I am running SWAG container so I was hoping to use dynudns instead of duckdns.

Just install the addon DYNU and before you start it there is configuration manual on the addon page in HA. The token is on your acc on Dynu page i think it was API key and you have to press the reveal button to show and copy it to the HA Dynu addon

I forgot to mention that i use Nginx Proxy Manager together with it.

Here is the link to Dynu addon from @koying

yeah my HA is installed via docker compose so I dont have any add ons etc. I use duckdns etc on a container called swag.

First time i installed HA was on docker without addon support, that was such a nightmare… i know you have your reasons for using HA without addon support. I endend up running Debian with HA Supervised with addons support an everything, all that running on vmware virtual machine on Windows 11. If you installed the addon on docker as i saw @koying said that is possible, the token you need is on dynu webpage as API key and you can setup the addon.

1 Like

I found the best way to fix this is to goto you home assistant address in the the chrome app on your phone or tablet. Then click the three dots in the right corner of the chrome app then select add to home screen. Name the shortcut how you choose. When you click on the shortcut on your homescreen it will open HA dashboard but all the chrome options will be gone. It just shows the dashboard with no browser options like it would in the app with no lag though. If you are trying to connect remotely when you’re not at home use the app instead for me the app does not lag when I’m not on my home network. I think the app lags due to something with nabu casa while on LAN. Guessing it’s something in the script and it doesn’t know how to correctly choose which network to use when on a LAN. So when you are not on your local network it doesn’t have to try to decide between the two it just uses nabu casa.

I dont use nabu case remote

Well if nabu casa is the issue or not what i mentioned above should solve it.

I appreciate your response but it is not a solution. Not using the app is a degradation for HA usage, at home or not.

For me it’s gotten better last months. Less slower (sometimes it is and rebooting phone is only solution).

How is it degraded? if you follow my steps as above it is exactly the same as using the app all the chrome stuff is gone and your icon looks like home assistant icon except there is a little chrome icon with it as well… my app is responsive but is way more resposive if i go the route i explained.

A browser gives no sensors to HA does it?

Your app is still running and giving you sensors. You’re using the browser for your dashboard because it runs way better that way. But like I said the browser does not look like a browser when you do it the way I explained looks exactly like the app… And runs lag free.