HA Companion app for Android Automotive

Are you working from a public fork? I would love to help work on getting this support added :grin:

Are you getting anything from the car itself through the app?

Are you planning on submitting this to the official repo?

yes, I forked it from official android app repo :slight_smile:

1 Like

only location, and only while the app is running, I havenā€™t studied all of the api docs from Polestar yet, possibly we can get more info from the car

maybe one day when the app is compliant with all of the requirements, but it is still a lot of work left :slight_smile:

1 Like

yea we have another user looking into porting the android auto features in the app as well. If you have any questions hop on discord and we can help.

1 Like

awesome! Iā€™ll check that out!

Hi everyone, Iā€™m a Senior Mobile Architect at DXSpark (dxspark.com) and weā€™ve already released Android Automotive Apps to the Google Play Store and Faurencia Store, which are available for download on all vehicles running Android Automotive OS.

Because we know very well Google restrictions on launching an app for AAOS, we can contribute with our knowledge to make this Automotive Home Assistant App possible and preferably as native App and not a web view.

Who should we contact to understand what has already been done, so that we can help and contribute to development (free of charge)?

Our main idea is to help the Home Assistant community and later announce, on our social networks presence, that we participated in the development of this App.

9 Likes

If someone is eager to try out ported version of HA in their Polestar, send me a PM with your email address and Iā€™ll send you a link with beta :slight_smile:

I donā€™t suppose that will work with a Volvo?

I would love to try out HA in my new Polestar, but I donā€™t see any way of sending you a PM. Do you have a public fork of the app?

Home Assistant app now available thorough Google Play store in car

2 Likes

Works great! Volvo XC90 2023. The native mode looks good as well, although it seems to picking up the entity names versus the friendly names in my instance. With my quick check i couldnt get it to turn on the device tracking, but will investigate later. Many thanks!!

Until now I accessed HA in my Polestar through the Vivaldi browser.

I have now downloaded the HA app in the Polestar. It works, but I have an issue:

The app does not remember the URL. Every time the app starts it tells me to login, it first wants the URL and is then happy because the login and p/w are remembered.

Anybody else this experience? Anybody a solution, or an idea where to start to fix this?

Very good news !
But it seems to not be present in Renault Megane E-Tech Play Store at the moment.

Make sure the URL does not include a dashboard path. Should only be the base URL.

Running out to the garage to try that :grinning:.

Yes that works. Not sure I like the interface that exposes hundreds of raw entities that I absolutely do not want anybody to fiddle with ā€¦ can that be locked away?

Hi,

Installed the first version of HA on my Google Automotive OS / Polestar 2 when it was launched in June. At first, with the launch version I had the possibility to enter ā€œnative modeā€ when car parked (safety). In native mode I could change settings for companion app, i.e. sensors (location of car, etc.).

In a later update, native mode have disappeared, and Iā€™m not able to change settings for the companion app.

Iā€™m on the beta-program for the HA-app.

Is this a bug - or have native mode been permanently disabled due to safety policy from Google? If so, how to enter settings menu for the companion app?

the latest beta adds the ability to select favorite entities to be displayed on the home screen however you need to get into companion app settings which may not be possible on installs from the play store as of now.

yes we were asked by google to hide in the play store installs for the time being

At the moment its not possible unfortunately