HA crashing on RPI4

I have HA running on a RPi4 and it has started to crash. It is running the latest version

I am new to HA and I cannot see in the logs any issue. Actually I cannot see anything in the logs before I restart the RPi again. Are these wiped for can I get any logs before the crash?

Hi,
If there were any final log messages, the probable hardware issue meant the data was not written to disk.

Almost all RPi4 issues are caused by two causes:

• Insufficient power supply - install the Power Supply Checker integration for alerts
  • Bad uSD card - get another card (U1 a least), backup the installation, download the backup, flash a new card, swap cards, upload backup (save the old card as a backup).

My experience has been modern uSD don’t corrupt very often (>2 years?), and an official case with fan works very well.

Good luck,

James

2 Likes

ok…so this still keeps happening

I have done a few different things. I moved my installation from a SD card to SSD.
I have also started to monitor the Temp of the RPi CPU.

Now what I have noticed is that when it “crashes” I cannot access the RPI or ping it on the network.
No data is stored from any of my sensors but rhe temperature data fro the RPi cpu si still logged so I dont think ti fully crashes (or maybe it is a network issue)

Nohew next time it crashes I am going to try and connect a monitor to the RPi - but is there somewhere on t Rpi that I can check logs?