HA_Desktop_Companion

Hello,
I want to share my latest project. :slight_smile: if you are like me and you don’t like MQTT for what ever reason. and still want to get interesting data from your computer to home assistant, from triggering lights music and other stuff based on your work you are doing on your computer. HA Desktop Companion is there for you :slight_smile:

All feedback i appreciated :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Does it have a CPU package temperature sensor?

Where are the install instructions?

It has but not in public build, install instruction are simple donwload it and runn it (you need to fill in only your HA URL and token)

One last question, can it be run as a service that starts when windows starts?

yes you can simply create symlink to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and program starts on startup.

do you want me to send you dev ´version with CPU temp ?

1 Like

Yes please. I’ll give it a go later tonight.

Release New Senzors introduction · GamerClassN7/HA_Desktop_Companion · GitHub Expect some bugs :smiley: v I added Install instructions :slight_smile: also i will give you an support wherever you ask my Discord ID is JonatanRek#6041 :slight_smile:

I’ll just ask for support from atx in #off-topic :slight_smile:

atx ? better is to PM or at least @mention i have other notifications OFF :slight_smile: also if you are hawing any idea for additional sensors just message them here since i write petty nice WIMC Middle layer i have access to all sorts of nice data from native HW layer of OS :slight_smile: i already added Uptime sensor :slight_smile:

Joke. He did your readme PR.

Sensor suggestions:

• % memory use
  • CPU load
  • GPU temperature

Little Sneak Peak :smiley:
GPU Will be harder since there can be more than One,
i will do CPU tomorrow hopefully :slight_smile:

EDIT: Hopefully with autoupdate mechnic in place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also: dont know if i made ti faill pruve enoug to run on nay PC so if it crash there should be a log.txt in directory with exe :slight_smile:

Where is the exe file?
I can only find HA_Desktop_Companion.csproj or HA_Desktop_Companion.sln

On github :up: in zip file

EDIT: Release New Senzors introduction · GamerClassN7/HA_Desktop_Companion · GitHub

you need to download the zipfile end extract it

Ok… But from the first link you posted, where do you get to that page.
I’m not used to GitHub, but I can’t find the second page from the first page.

I thought you downloaded from here:

Ok, :ok_hand: but last link is right to release download page

I click YES but nothing happens:

Untitled

It should link you to:
Download .NET 6.0 Runtime (microsoft.com)

It does not. But thanks for the link.

Installed but I still get the same error.