Ha-fusion: A modern, easy-to-use and performant custom Home Assistant dashboard

@Mattias_Persson has released an early version of his latest project: ha-fusion.

I just spun up an instance on Unraid and I have to say this might be the best performing and most user-friendly dashboard I’ve ever used. It tops even the Google Home and Apple Home apps, in my opinion. An amazing project that sets the standard for how these things should work.

Available as a Home Assistant Add-On or Docker container.

Video of the UI/UX:

35 Likes

Very interesting!! It is very beautiful. I try to include the camera in the “sections” but I can’t. I have the latest version. Not implemented yet?

Doesn’t look like the widgets that work in the sidebar work in the main section (yet).

However I did spot this sample config file to mess around with. Paste everything from views: on down into your Fusion raw config, via the button labeled [ </> Code ] and go from there.

I have just installed the Addon on HA. Love it! Amazing UI experience!!!

Very happy with this! It all looks very slick and is also very easy to design. Even for me, as a non-computer technician, I still get a nice dashboard, thanks for the hard work!!

I installed the Docker under Unraid.
Looks nice
But how to add items to Horizontal stack?
I’m only able to add items to section
I can create a horizonta stack area but can not do anything with it:

And what is the difference between section and horizontal stack?

This is just showing off what’s possible, it is not a replacement yet in any way whatsoever.

It says in the repo that it is missing basic functionality. So until the dev updates the repo or you get creative using the raw code editor, horizontal section cant be populated yet.

Just drag sections to horizontal stack

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. Clear.
I just have to wait

Thats not working

Nice PoC. Let’s hope that 2024 is going to be the year of the UI/UX and that the core frontend moves into this kind of direction.

Would be neat to finally get a modern UI for HA. The current one is certainly functional, but well, it really shows its age. Especially this horific ‘feature’ that moves cards around on its own. That needs to go. It’s the 21st century guys, drag and drop is where it is.

3 Likes

First create a “section” and then a horizontal stack. You can drag that “empty” section into the stack, it is sensitive so it won’t grab you right away, but it does work. I have also encountered this myself and after asking I received this as a working solution.

I must agree. Unless 2024 will be the year of the dash, I will definitely keep an eye on this!

Nice basics.
I did create a simple dashboard for my tablet at the wall. It is created in a minute. And working fine.
I do miss a lot off functionallity but I asume that will be added step by step
I like to mention one improvement.
If you push at the button not on the round area a yaml window pops up.
I would like to see that if you hit anywhere at the button it do its action.

This looks fantastic! I will follow this project. It should really get more recognition.

Wooo!
This is the futur of Home Assistant !

first of all i just want to congratulate with you! it is amazing!
Can you tell me how i can add more section in the same row as per you dashboard?

THANKS

5 minutes of work, i LOVE it

I have used your old dashboard. I loved it! It took me over a month to get it to a state that I was happy with.

I started over with home assistant last weekend. Used fusion to make a dashboard for my phone and wall tablet. It took me 15 minutes!

Thanks for the great work👍

How did you add upcoming media? I can’t figure out how to add this.