HA gives 'Connection refused' error after restoring snapshot

Hi all,

TL;DR: I try to restore my snapshots, but after restoring (multiple different snapshots in multiple different ways) I always get a ‘Connection Refused’ error. Samba and SSH are available though.

Version: 0.103.5

So, the somewhat longer story: a couple of days ago I tried to update my Hass.io installation from version 0.103.5 to 0.104.1. Before upgrading I made a full snapshot and uploaded it to Google Drive using Hassio Google Drive Backup. After upgrading the WebUI returned a ‘Connection Refused’ error. Since after rebooting the same error returned, I decided to do a clean install, install Samba, put the Snapshot from just before the update back and try to restore it. This unfortunately gave the same ‘Connection refused’ error.

The home-assistant.log then should some errors that dependencies could not be installed correctly. I was able to fix this (see home-assistant.log down below) and also gain access via my (previously configured) add-ons of Samba and SSH. This showed that all custom-components, configuration.yaml, automations.yaml etc etc were all restored correctly, but I still could not access the WebUI.

After that I tried multiple ways of restoring the snapshots:

• Clean install, downgrade to 0.103.5 and do a partial restore (everything but the OS)
  • Clean install, remain on 0.104.1 and do a partial restore (everything but the OS)
  • Clean install, remain on 0.104.1 and only restore for example Configurator.
  • Clean install, and try to restore one of the other four snapshots that we’re made automatically in the last week.

Note: I tried both via the WebUI (when that was working after a clean install) as well as via the CLI.

Below you’ll find the output of home-assistant.log. This error was also already there before the update and didn’t cause any issues.

2020-01-20 09:21:19 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] while>
  in "/config/automations.yaml", line 338, column 7
could not find expected ':'
  in "/config/automations.yaml", line 339, column 7
2020-01-20 09:21:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Error loading >
  in "/config/automations.yaml", line 338, column 7
could not find expected ':'
  in "/config/automations.yaml", line 339, column 7

Below you’ll find the output of home-assistant.log. This error was also already there before the update and didn’t cause any issues.

I would very much like to restore my old setup, because it took quite some time to setup. My preferred outcomes are:

• Restore the snapshot and get everything running again or…
  • If that is not possible: find out what is causing the issue, so that I can ensure that my snapshots are not corrupt, otherwise I’m very afraid for my next update.

One of the possible issues I found in another thread is that my snapshots we’re only between 30 – 40 MB, so that maybe not all content was restored…

If anyone could help me, I would be very grateful!

Warm regards,

MvB