HA Notification - (live Camera feed / snapshot)

I have been trying to get the notifications to work with images and or snapshot but it is not working and I tried all solution I can find online.

push:
    categories:
      - name: camera
        identifier: 'CAMERA'
        actions:
          - identifier: 'TURN_LIGHT'
            title: 'Turn Light'
            activationMode: 'background'
            authenticationRequired: true
            destructive: no
          - identifier: 'ALARAM'
            title: 'Ring Alaram'
            activationMode: 'background'
            authenticationRequired: true
            destructive: true
    - service: notify.mobile_app_xxxx
      data:
        title: "Sound!"
        message: "The house is on fire and the cat's stuck in the dryer!"
        data:
          push:
            sound:
              name: default
              critical: 1
              volume: 1.0
    - delay: 
        seconds: 5 
    - service: notify.mobile_app_xxxx
      data:
        title: "mobile app"
        attachment:
          content-type: jpeg
        push:
          category: camera
        entity_id: camera.enterance

The sound and messages will work without any issue, but images are not working.

I am using the latest beta 2020.6 (1), and I tried removing the app, reinstalling & reset. nothing worked. I can see in the app that the synced category camera with the matching actions as configured

Is this a typo? Otherwise the contents of the notifications look fine. You do not need to set up manual category definitions for camera - they’re by default. I suggest you try using the Developer Tools > Services to try and send the notification directly and add complexity like automations after that’s working.

the name of entity is as configured in HAS and it is working fine.

I have tried with no push configuration and still not able to get the camera feed to reach the mobile

Trying in the Developer tool I can easily send a standard message but not able to send video.

what would be the data to fill in the Service Data fields? tried but keep getting error wen trying to add push and categories to it.

the following works just fine.

{ "message": "Test Notification.",
    "data": {
        "push": {
            "sound": {
                "name": 'default',
                "critical": 1,
                "volume": 1.0
            },
        },
    }
}

I know it’s been a few months, but I was wondering if you ever got this working?

I started today playing around with critical notifications while trying to add an attachment, and haven’t had any success.

I can easily do one or the other, but cannot add a critical notification with my camera feed attachment.

It is frustrating, because when I have something that is deemed critical it would be the absolute best use case for sending an attachment which can be glanced at without having to open the HA app.

I stopped trying with that, but with the new blueprint it worked without any issue. give that a try.

What do you mean by that?

You got critical notifications WITH an image to work when using blueprint?

Mind sharing?

Check the following post:

Only issue I faced is how to limit this into specific time of the day, otherwise it worked immediately without any issue for me,

Just saw another post for a modified version of that.

1 Like

I’ve always been able to use an image in my notifications, with a thumbnail. However it has never worked with a critical notification.

Sorry I did not read your message carefully. I have not tried that I do not have any idea on how to.