HA SwitchPlate HASPone: DIY In-Wall Touchscreen Home Assistant Controller

oh, that makes sense.
Is it connected to D1 mini or to separately soldered USB port?

@dziugasp USB is connected to the Wemos.

Having troubles getting into my admin web interface… It asks for login (username & password)… But I can’t remember it, is there a default one I should try? Or where can I find it?

/

There is no default password, so if a password is set you’re going to need to reset the device in order to get back into the admin interface. You can do this by reflashing + clearing the EEPROM if you still have the device connected via USB.

Otherwise, if you have it connected to MQTT you can send an MQTT command that will reset the device to factory default. hasp/plate01/command/factoryreset (substitute plate01 with your device name) with any payload will tell the device to wipe all settings and reboot. You’ll need to run the initial wifi and MQTT configuration on the panel again after a reset, but the home assistant configuration won’t need changing.

that was easy :slight_smile: Worked like a charm! Thanks!

1 Like

@luma Hi, This is an awesome project. I have just built it and it works great. Has anyone got this working with YET another take on an alarm system so I can arm and disarm with multiple codes? (YET another take on an alarm system).

I managed to get this working. Your examples were a great help. The other question I have is it possible to add a speaker to beep when the keys are pressed., audible notification.

There are a handful of GPIO pins broken out to a header on the PCB to allow experimenting with just that sort of thing! Which… as I write this gives me an idea. Maybe MQTT commands to control the GPIOs?

I sent a commit on github. have a look.

What screen is that? This is the best version I’ve seen so far.

Nextion Enhanced NX4832K035 - Generic 3.5’’ HMI Touch Display

This display has much more memory, therefore the smooth fonts are made in Photoshop. Not much of the original arduino code had been changed. However, I changed a lot of HA part (declarations, automations, etc). Even there are mostly pictures (not text) it is easy configurable for different controls (I mean names of buttons and etc).
I don’t really like the implementation of the OTA update of the display, but I hope I’ll have a time to fix it.

1 Like

Nextion v0.58 editor released!

https://nextion.itead.cc/nextion-editor-ver-0-58

As before with the beta releases, the existing HASP HMI file won’t compile on this new version. I’ll be working through solutions here, but based on the poll I posted earlier this year it’ll likely be dropping the graph page and adding a thermostat-like page.

This little note on the release page is a bit concerning:

— If your HMI project was developed via 0.53 or prior version Nextion Editor, we recommend you to use the LTS version for project maintenance as the latest 0.58 version is not fully compatible with your exsisting source code and GUI desgin.

The notes also mention new fonts. Seems like they caved to people using the editor who felt it was greedy of them to charge for something like anti-aliased fonts.

do you mind sharing the way you done it? i.e. codes, parts, etc I am a noob and only started looking into this. thanks

Yeah, the new firmware has less free RAM which impacts the HASP project directly. We knew this was coming a while back so now I need to dig into the HMI and figure out how to migrate HASP into the new environment. I had been holding off due to the lack of a publically-available english-language Nextion editor, but now that excuse has dried up so time to get to work I suppose.

2 Likes

If you find an Electrician who is willing to certify these in Aus, let me know. Insurance will be a bugger if we do the “illegal” DIY approach and there is an issue. :wink:

I like the desk version of the case running with a USB PSU though. Definitely going to order parts to build that.

Guys… I have tried literally every single possible way to add .png icon but I failed every time. I have added icon .png file to screen firmware. I successfully flashed it and I read the forums carefully. But the image didn’t show up. Maybe I am missing something? Here is my configuration. Payload 0 = picture ID.

- alias: hasp_plate01_p2_ToggleInit
    trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: 'binary_sensor.plate01_connected'
      to: 'on'
    - platform: homeassistant
      event: start
    action:
      - service: mqtt.publish
        data:
          topic: 'hasp/plate02/command/p[2].b[5].pic'
          payload: 0 

The ending for the topic must be .picc instead of .pic

Didn’t help :frowning:

# Set font and text for toggle buttons on device connection
  - alias: hasp_plate01_p2_ToggleInit
    trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: 'binary_sensor.plate01_connected'
      to: 'on'
    - platform: homeassistant
      event: start
    action:
      - service: mqtt.publish
        data:
          topic: 'hasp/plate01/command/p[2].b[5].picc'
          payload: 0 

# Toggle light1 when p[2].b[4] pressed
  - alias: hasp_plate01_p2_ToggleLight1
    trigger:
    - platform: mqtt
      topic: 'hasp/plate01/state/p[2].b[5]'
      payload: 'ON'
    action:
    - service: homeassistant.toggle
      entity_id: light.balcony

Can you post debug output from the HASP when this fires?