HA very unstable after upgrading from OS 7.1 to OS 7.2

My system became super unstable since I’ve updated to OS 7.2 a couple of days ago.
It works pretty well after each reboot, but then after a few minutes it becomes slow to the point it’s unusable, sometimes it takes several seconds to respond to an action (like turn on a light), sometimes I’m not even able to navigate on the web or phone app (it says it’s reconnecting many times).

System Health

version core-2021.12.10
installation_type Home Assistant OS
dev false
hassio true
docker true
user root
virtualenv false
python_version 3.9.7
os_name Linux
os_version 5.10.63-v8
arch aarch64
timezone Europe/Stockholm
Home Assistant Community Store
GitHub API ok
Github API Calls Remaining 4422
Installed Version 1.20.0
Stage running
Available Repositories 1012
Downloaded Repositories 48
Home Assistant Cloud
logged_in true
subscription_expiration 20 February 2022, 01:00
relayer_connected true
remote_enabled false
remote_connected false
alexa_enabled true
google_enabled true
remote_server eu-west-2-4.ui.nabu.casa
can_reach_cert_server ok
can_reach_cloud_auth ok
can_reach_cloud ok
Home Assistant Supervisor
host_os Home Assistant OS 7.2
update_channel stable
supervisor_version supervisor-2021.12.2
docker_version 20.10.9
disk_total 57.8 GB
disk_used 15.7 GB
healthy true
supported true
board rpi4-64
supervisor_api ok
version_api ok
installed_addons Duck DNS (1.14.0), Let’s Encrypt (4.12.0), Studio Code Server (4.1.0), Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.105.2), NGINX Home Assistant SSL proxy (3.1.1), Signal Messenger (0.55.0), Eufy Security Add-on (0.7.0), RTSP Simple Server Add-on (v0.17.6)
Lovelace
dashboards 1
resources 41
views 11
mode storage
Spotify
api_endpoint_reachable ok

I cannot see anything unusual on the host statistics:

I’ve originally suspected of ZHA integration, as I’ve also installed this a few days ago, but the system still unreliable even after removing all Zigbee integrations.

I’ve rebooted the systems many times, removed everything that is not important, but no luck.

Any idea??

I’m getting familiar to those messages: :tired_face:

Seeing similar problems but not as severe. Overnight the z-wave seems to crap out. I have had to reboot every morning after the upgrade to get HA functioning again. I just installed watchman (HACS) and it found some issues (missing entities in automations etc) so will see tomorrow if that fixes it.

1 Like

I did not have to reboot this AM. Optimistically hoping cleaning up automations has fixed.

My system is much more stable now… :slightly_smiling_face:
I don’t know what happened. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hello,
I had this same issue left week, after making the update to 7.2.
Each time a log was involved (add-ons, or supervisor), it would block main part of HA add-ons, in particular deconz or node red.
I even reverted to 7.1 but it did not correct.
It seems, in my case to have triggered ah issue with my SSD.
I applied the solution here

And now, no issue.
See if you have the same symptoms.
The whole story is on the French forum

Bye

1 Like

I KNOW that some people here, will say, that what I am about say, “is really DUMB”. But I am going to say it any way! There are times, I have seen Issues Go away, after REBOOTing the whole system 2 or 3 times.

1 Like

Not dumb, just your experience. The question is what is happening during the multiple reboots that is fixing the problem. Something hung in hardware that takes time to clear??? I wish I knew.

1 Like

What are you using to produce those graphs?

I’m using Statistics Graph Card - Home Assistant to show the data from https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/system monitor.

Was that your question?

1 Like

Yes! Thank you.

1 Like

@AllHailJ I’m thinking, when we update the HA Core, on reboot, maybe an Add-ON or Intergration, doesn’t sync-up properly. So I would reboot the Core, and if that didn’t fix the issue, I would rebooot the HOST(the whole system). But, now it is just a habit, after HA reboots from the Core, I will force a reboot of the HOST.
Just an added note. the last time that I had to reimage the the system, was about 1 year ago. When my SD Card died. At that point, I replaced the SD Card with a SSD, and sofar, it all working nicely.

1 Like

Into March and this still seems to be an issue. I am rebooting several times a day at this point. Trying to get logs has been difficult but will open a bug once I have something solid. Stability has gone way down unfortunately.

Hi @martoq,

Hiw are things with your HA now? Still unstable?

Sorry for the delay. Negative, things have definitely settled down. I never did track down the root cause but whatever it was seems to have stabalized.

1 Like