HACC - Home Assistant Command Center

Oh shoot, I just looked and am running 0.6 —this is the latest from the HACS?

HACS has nothing to do with it.

Hey @bowhunt24, glad you like it! A lot of your concerns will be addressed when v1.0 is released so I would wait until then to see if your questions are answered.

I am curious though… you said you installed this via HACS… can you tell me exactly how you did that, or are you confusing HACS with Home Assistant Supervisor Add-ons?

@qJake, you are correct, I AM confusing the two. Lol.

That’s where my issue was, v1 isn’t released yet! I think I saw something about pages and v1 and figured that was the latest release. Still learning :wink:

Great add-on so far. The big driver that got me into HA was wall mounted tablets that can control everything with a simple ui so anyone can operate (plus now I see the potential for so much more). Your tool is really helpful, thanks again! I’ll keep an eye out for v1 release!

Hi @qJake, any updates on first v1 release??? Tileboard is hard :slight_smile:

@bowhunt24 Things have been unbelievably busy with my primary day job, so I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to devote to HACC.

I am still committed to the project and am trying my best to find time to finalize the v1 testing and release.

It makes me happy to know that people are still eagerly awaiting it and wanting to use it. I will post another update when I check a few more things off my to-do list. Hopefully in the next week or so here. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah we are still here and waiting fo the new HACC :slight_smile:
I think it could be a good alternative to other frontend because it’s fast (i’ve got old devices) and easy to setup.

Yes, I have also been looking forward to the development of your project. Thanks for the work already done! We look forward to continuing)

@qJake monthly check in!!! :slight_smile: Any updates on HACC release??? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

First try. Great work!. Looks really nice on the tablet.

I just got a question:
How do i get my motion sensors to work?, what tile to use?.

Will there be any support for thermostats in near future. I use the tablet to adjust room temperatures often.

Noob questions as I don’t have much CSS experience, or any coding tbh:

1. what additional CSS can I put to make an individual tile transparent? I’d just like to have the icon or text be shown, not the background tile color.
  2. what additional CSS can I put to change height to exact, instead of the 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, etc…

Hi @G3THD,

To change these properties for just a single tile, you can edit the tile and use the Additional CSS Properties box.

Before

After

Settings

You can also set the width and height with width: XXpx; and height: XXpx;.

1 Like

Hello, do you guys know how to use HACC in a ESP32 capacitive display?

Something like this?

As I posted in response to your identical question on another thread, what web browser do you propose?

No idea, anything… I’m not too picky :stuck_out_tongue:
Chrome, Opera, an App, something custom…

And which of those did you get working on esp32?

One of the best dashboards i used so far! Can’t wait for an update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 1.1 :tada:

It’s finally here! Version 1.0… or rather, 1.1 (since all of 1.0.x was used for testing and fixes).

With this release, we have the good, and the bad. Which one do you want first? :wink:

The Bad

We had to remove support for Supervisor add-ons. Sorry. :worried: There were a multitude of reasons for this:

• Supporting and building the ARM32 and ARM64 images caused the build/release time to go up by 400%. Really… it went from 5 minutes to over 20 minutes.
  • The Supervisor’s proxied API is different from HA’s public API. This means that random things that would work for Docker users would not work for Supervisor users.
  • The Supervisor wasn’t capable of generating an auth token for HACC’s frontend… so Supervisor users still needed to generate a long-lived access token. Kind of defeats the purpose of running an add-on.
  • The Supervisor would frequently not persist user’s configuration data, and would also not make those files available outside the container (without using something like Portainer). This frustrated users when they went to upgrade the add-on and all of the configuration was mysteriously lost.
  • Debugging inside a Supervisor add-on is extremely difficult or impossible… so to fix something, I would have to code it, and then go through a 30-minute release process in order to test it. And if it didn’t work… repeat that process again until it was fixed. Not fun.

So, as of v1.1.0 and newer, the Supervisor add-on, as well as ARM32/64 builds, are deprecated and no longer being updated.

If you are running either the Supervisor add-on version 0.6.0, or the beta version 1.0.26 or older, please consider migrating to Docker. I have written up a super-detained Docker installation/upgrade guide that you can find here. Even if you’re not too familiar with Docker, give it a try - it’s just a few commands to get up and running!

The Good

A bunch of awesome new features! At least… for anyone who hasn’t been running the Docker builds. If you’re on v0.6.0, you’re in for a treat! :grin:

• Multiple dashboard pages!
    • Add pages, and create tiles to navigate between pages, or go “home”
    • Each page has its own layout settings, so you can make different pages for different devices or rooms!
  • Added tiles for:
    • Calendar (Google)
    • Input Booleans (via Switch tile)
    • Scenes
    • Debug (via Navigation tile, displays info about the web browser capabilities on your tablet)
  • Tons of customization / overrides for icons, labels, units, etc.
  • A ridiculous number of bugfixes. :bug: :white_check_mark:
  • Breaking change: The dashboard and admin URLs have flipped. The admin area is located at /, while the default dashboard page is available at /d/. (Other pages are located at /d/<page-id>/) If your tablet was previously pointed at /, you’ll need to update the URL on the device.
  • A new website! Check us out at :globe_with_meridians: https://hacc.dev - there’s documentation for nearly everything, a list of known supported tablet devices, and we’ve even got a theme gallery where you can download pre-built themes!

What’s Next

Version 1.2 has been initially planned out and the project roadmap can be found here on GitHub. It will hopefully include support for dimmable lights, confirmation prompts, a more customizable weather tile, many more options for the State tile, and more!

And with the Supervisor deprecation, the time to develop and build a new version is drastically reduced, which means I can provide more frequent updates!

Download and Install

Please refer to our installation and upgrade guide for detailed instructions on how to update or migrate to the new version.

Upgrade Instructions for Docker

The latest tag should always work, so you should be able to:

docker stop hacc
docker rm hacc
docker pull qjake/hacc

And then re-run the container the way you normally do. The default run command is:

docker run --name hacc -p 8095:8095 -v haccdata:/app/data qjake/hacc

But yours may differ!

Get Involved

Do you have:

Thank you to everyone for your patience, and your continued support!

3 Likes

I am running 1.1 and many thanks for it.

One annoyance for me and my fat fingers. It is too easy to press the delete button for a tile, then there seems to be no way to get it back.

Also is it possible to find the configuration text?

@nickrout I will make a note to add a delete confirmation, that’s a good idea!

And, assuming you are running Docker, you can find your configuration wherever Docker stores its volumes. Whatever your docker run command is, check the -v parameter, if it’s just an arbitrary name like haccdata, then you’ll need to find the default location where Docker stores its volumes for your OS (e.g. for Windows, it’s somewhere in AppData I think). Or, if your -v command has a fully-qualified path, like -v C:\Users\x\HACC:/app/data, then you should be able to find it there.