HACC - Home Assistant Command Center

Hey @fishertimj I just pushed out a preview version, 1.0.16, with new containers - can you update your container and try again? I think it should be fixed. If not, let me know!

Hello There,
I have installed the HACC add-on. When I launch either from the hassio dashboard or access HACC directly via the IP:PORT I get a gray screen. Nothing in the logs from what I can see. I have tried refreshing the page, as well as clearing cache and history just in case. Nothing. There is no error message of server not found just a gray background.

Any ideas?

Now adding to the weirdness. I thought I would uninstall and try again. I get an error saying failed to uninstall uknown error.

@holmiephoto The uninstall issue is a known bug in the current Supervisor version. It will be resolved with the next version.

The gray screen is the dashboard but you don’t have any tiles. Go to the URL /admin and you should see the interface. We also changed this in the next version so the admin area is the default page.

Sweet thank you. Don’t know how I missed that. You just saved my Saturday!

1 Like

I’m running Docker on CentOS 7 and get the following error:
Stopped for 2 minutes with exit code 145

In the log:
It was not possible to find any installed .NET Core SDKs Did you mean to run .NET Core SDK commands? Install a .NET Core SDK from: https://aka.ms/dotnet-download

Any ideas?

@brezlord What image version or tag are you using? Also, not sure CentOS/RHEL are supported as hosts, but docker should theoretically take care of any of those host-level quirks.

@qJake I have tried qjake/hacc:latest latest-linux-ubuntu-amd64 and latest-linux-alpine-amd64 with no luck. Docker runs very well on CentOS I have no issues with it. Does the container need to access the .NET environment on the host or is all the .NET SDKs installed in the image? If I need to install the .NET SDK on the host which version?

Hi @qJake, did you plan to add new tile in HACC ?

see you!

@brezlord The container is built on top of a .NET Core image and should have it pre-installed.

What does your docker run command look like? I wonder if you are mounting volumes or setting an environment variable that is interfering with the SDK or something like that.

@stban1983 Yes, all enhancements are tracked in our GitHub issues list here, there are a number of open tile requests, please feel free to :+1: any ones you like.

@qJake bellow is my docker run command:

docker create \
  --name hacc \
  -p 80:8095 \
  --ip=192.168.10.124 \
  --net=macvlan10 \
  -v /home/docker/volumes/haccdata:/app \
  qjake/hacc

I have the same problem with .NET… (as @brezlord has)
Running docker on UNRAID Server.
It worked before (tag 1.0.18), then I

Log entry is “It was not possible to find any installed .NET Core SDKs Did you mean to run .NET Core SDK commands? Install a .NET Core SDK from: https://aka.ms/dotnet-download

I uninstalled and reinstalled: no change
I uninstalled and reverted to tag 1.0.18: no change
In portainer I realized there was an orphan image tha I removed but still got the same problem/log entry…

What can I do?

Ok, found a solution, but I think it coud be a dirty workaround…

• I reinstalled without defining a volume as described in https://hacc.dev/install/#advanced-docker-container.
  • hacc started successfully!
  • Then I copied the data from “/app” in the container to my path on the host: “docker cp hacc:/app/ /mnt/user/appdata/hacc/
  • hacc started successfully again!

Why a “dirty workaround”:
When you update anything in relation to .NET it won’t get updated because these files are located in the folder “/app” - right?
Look at the picture for the files located in “/mnt/user/appdata/hacc/”:

Nice add-on Brought you a coffee

@arfrater Hey, thanks! Very much appreciated. Glad you like it!

@Vakilando Thanks for the info, I think the setup for where the config file is might be wrong (that, or the documentation is). I will see if I can tweak the storage location so that it can be mounted to a different directory. Will keep you posted.

@qJake - this is rad man! Thanks for the work on this. I’m a brand new HA user so this is ALL new to me. No coding or dev background either. Just curiosity. I just did your latest install on latest version of HA running on RPi4. I used HACS to install and it was easy and smooth. The only confusing part was in the instructions, it still talks about going and getting a token, etc, entering in the home URL, but seems like this all happens during install! Everything seems to be up and running otherwise.

Couple quick questions:
My custom picture on my person entity badge isn’t flowing through. Do I need to update the image in HACC somehow too?
Pages? Where are pages? Did those get introduced and then taken away in a later release and I missed the note? Thanks again!

-Evan

Oh shoot, I just looked and am running 0.6 —this is the latest from the HACS?

HACS has nothing to do with it.

Hey @bowhunt24, glad you like it! A lot of your concerns will be addressed when v1.0 is released so I would wait until then to see if your questions are answered.

I am curious though… you said you installed this via HACS… can you tell me exactly how you did that, or are you confusing HACS with Home Assistant Supervisor Add-ons?

@qJake, you are correct, I AM confusing the two. Lol.

That’s where my issue was, v1 isn’t released yet! I think I saw something about pages and v1 and figured that was the latest release. Still learning :wink:

Great add-on so far. The big driver that got me into HA was wall mounted tablets that can control everything with a simple ui so anyone can operate (plus now I see the potential for so much more). Your tool is really helpful, thanks again! I’ll keep an eye out for v1 release!