HACC - Home Assistant Command Center

I’m not sure whats going on but after getting the container up and running it starts but the assets don’t seem to be loading for the admin portal giving me this.

HACC doesn’t support Hass.io/ARM (RPi) just yet but I’m working on support for it.

In the meantime you can run it on another computer with Docker and still point it to your Hass.io instance via its URL, it doesn’t have to live on the same box.

Press F12 - are there any errors in the browser console? What browser and server are you running things from?

Ah ok - makes sense.

Will try it on an old laptop running Ubuntu/docker.

Thanks.

1 Like

Got it forgot to check pihole… still getting used to running that. all working now.

1 Like

Thanks for this @qJake. I have all set up and running. However when I create a tile and add a sensor to it, save it and check to see if it appears, I don’t get anything apart from a blank white page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

I am getting the following error when setting up now

Did you mean to run dotnet SDK commands? Please install dotnet SDK from:
  https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=798306&clcid=0x409

I have been attempting to get it running in docker-compose and with persistent store

hacc:
    image: qjake/hacc:latest
    container_name: hacc
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - ${USERDIR}/docker/hacc:/app
    ports:
      - "8095:8095"

also tried to run with

glenn@zeus:~/docker$ docker run -d -p 8095:8095 -v /home/glenn/docker/hacc:/app --restart always qjake/hacc --name hacc

Getting the error regardless of method used and also tried installing 0.3.2 instead of latest

@bachoo786 Go to the Layout tab and press “Save Layout” (and/or try “Auto Layout” and then “Save Layout”) - if you don’t arrange your tiles first, they won’t show up on the dashboard. :wink:

@atomicpapa That error occurs when you attempt to start a dotnet project and pass a DLL that doesn’t exist. This GitHub issue thread describes something similar - is it possible that the casing is off on the ENTRYPOINT of the container? Can you try getting into the container with docker run -it qjake/hacc and do an ls -al /app and see what’s in there?

container just keeps restarting so I can’t get into it

My working docker compose file which mounts config.json looks like this:

HACC:
    image: qjake/hacc
    container_name: "hacc"
    network_mode: host
    ports:
      - 8095:8095 
    volumes:
      - /volume1/docker/HACC/config.json:/app/config.json
      - "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro"

The localtime mount enables the container to read the host time zone (so the date tile can display in local time)

1 Like

@qJake I can’t seem to get 0.4.0 running. pulling the :latest or even :0.4.0 tagged image results in 0.3.2 still being installed. I’ve blown away all remnants of the container, previous images, and anything to do with HACC in docker’s memory and it doesn’t change.

mine originally linked directly to config.json but that ended up creating a directory of that name instead of a file

The former overrides the latter. You can remove the ports if you truly are using host networking.

hacc:
    image: qjake/hacc:0.3.2
    container_name: hacc
    volumes:
      - ${USERDIR}/docker/hacc:/app
    ports:
      - "8095:8095"

not using host but I’ll give it a shot. Also, just started it up with the basic run command from post #1 and that works fine

@paulau
when you initially ran your docker-compose setup, did you already have the directories and config.json in place or allow docker to create them?

additionally, getting this in the log

fail: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.Internal.DefaultAntiforgery[7]

An exception was thrown while deserializing the token.

Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.AntiforgeryValidationException: The antiforgery token could not be decrypted. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The key {b2160dc4-db0f-4278-8472-120f37cce52c} was not found in the key ring.

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.UnprotectCore(Byte[] protectedData, Boolean allowOperationsOnRevokedKeys, UnprotectStatus& status)

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.DangerousUnprotect(Byte[] protectedData, Boolean ignoreRevocationErrors, Boolean& requiresMigration, Boolean& wasRevoked)

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.KeyRingBasedDataProtector.Unprotect(Byte[] protectedData)

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.Internal.DefaultAntiforgeryTokenSerializer.Deserialize(String serializedToken)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.Internal.DefaultAntiforgeryTokenSerializer.Deserialize(String serializedToken)

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Antiforgery.Internal.DefaultAntiforgery.GetCookieTokenDoesNotThrow(HttpContext httpContext)

info: HADotNet.CommandCenter.Middleware.HAClientInitialization[0]
1 Like

You can safely ignore the antiforgery error, it’s specific to dotnet/aspnet and not of relevance to docker. Also, if you are getting that error, something is running correctly because that would only happen if you got into the app somehow…

1 Like

@squirtbrnr Sorry, I had missed something in the Dockerfile, can you try qjake/hacc:0.4.1 (or :latest), I just updated to fix this so you should be able to pull this version now.

1 Like

yep, 0.4.1 according to the editor now

1 Like

ok… got it working with persistent storage and docker-compose

First, I created the directory and a blank file named config.json in that directory

Next, based on @paulau’s docker-compose, I created the following

hacc:
    image: qjake/hacc:latest
    container_name: "hacc"
    network_mode: host 
    volumes:
      - ${USERDIR}/docker/hacc/config.json:/app/config.json
      - "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro"
    environment: 
      - PUID=${PUID}
      - PGID=${PGID}
      - TZ=America/Chicago

he PUID and PGID environment variables ensure that everything is run with the user of my choosing. Change as needed for your situation.

As of now, everything is working as intended.

Thanks to all involved!

@qJake now about that alarm panel and additional dashboards… :slight_smile:

1 Like