HACC - Home Assistant Command Center

Are you planning on allowing us full control of the grid? Maybe it’s a bug. Basically, all of my tiles go to the top automatically. So I cannot place a tile on the bottom right for example. Another example is, I have a 1x1 on the top left and a 1x1 beneath it. I’d like to add additional 1x1 tiles to the right of the tile on the second row of the first column, however, they just keep shooting to the top. Thanks!

@gurukid What you’re seeing is a limitation of the drag and drop grid system I am using.

And it’s also precisely what the Blank tiles are for. :wink: Give those a try and you should be able to put anything anywhere you want! Blank tiles don’t render at all on the main dashboard screen, only in the admin area.

Awesome! …so… any chance of getting Ingress support?

Awesome! I’ll use the blank tile for now, thanks!
One last question, sorry if I missed this, I tried to search. How do you remove a tile? I’ve been deleting the tiles because I can’t find a way to remove them from the grid.

Thanks

@sparkydave Ingress won’t work as it stands today because it would load the tablet interface in the Home Assistant UI and you’d have no way to get to the admin area. If they support (either now or in the future) a way to tell the Ingress system what specific URL to load (e.g. /admin), then yes I could probably add support for it!

@gurukid Currently it is not possible to have a tile saved but not have it display on the dashboard. Tiles are pretty easy to configure so I didn’t see a reason to have a tile if you weren’t displaying it. If I add more complex tiles I may add support for this in the future.

Fair enough, yeah it would be awesome if the Ingress part was able to access the admin part for setup

@qJake Hi is the hassio addon working for VM/x86 hardware yet?

thanks

@frank451 It should work on all 64-bit platforms, have you given it a try? Or are you referring to i386 support? What OS would that be?

thanks, tried it earlier and seems to work ok on oracle vm 64bit hass.io (hassos 2.12).

What doesnt seem to work for me are the cameras, just get the 4 little cubes as if the image is going to load but dont see anything. Tried with Generic cameras and Axis/Hikvision, any thoughts on this?

Good work by the way, are multiple pages/dashboards coming soon?

cheers

@frank451 This might be a bug with the Hass.io addon - I think the URL for the camera I’m trying to load is wrong. Can you file an issue on https://github.com/qJake/HADotNet.CommandCenter/ regarding this and I’ll take a look?

Thanks!

done cheers

1 Like

What web browser do you use? I’ve tried safari and chrome on my iPad and it doesn’t refresh my page. When I turn on or turn off a switch or light, it is not updated on the dashboard. I have to refresh the page to update

Not sure why it took me so long to try this out…its awesome! Minutes to setup in a Docker container on my QNAP and less than half an hour to have a few devices setup…Pat yourself on the back I reckon!

Thanks for your hard work and also the well documented github area.

1 Like

I am trying to make use of some old iPads as dashboards. All are running iOS 9.3.6. Should this dashboard work with that version?

@DieguitoCigala What model iPad and what version of iOS?

iPad Air first version and iOS 12.4.1

@DieguitoCigala Yeah that should work just fine - if not please open a bug on GitHub!

@VMCosco I think someone up in the thread here was trying to run something on iOS 9 and I think that version is too old to support some of the JavaScript stuff that’s going on on the dashboard. You could always give it a try though.

So I think this means iOS 10 or 11 is the minimum version supported, if someone has a device running one of those versions and can report on if HACC works on your device, that would be great!

I have an iPad 3 running iOS 9.3.6 and HACC does not display in a safari web browser. It’s possibly the same reason why the normal HA frontend or HA app does not load either. It doesn’t support newer browser features.

I am still unable to get the person tile to display any image even though entity_picture: is set -

hacc1

even setting the picture via the customize doesn’t work -

hacc3

should I open this as a bug ?

Version 0.5.2

• #31 Fix for invalid URL path on Hassio when retrieving image assets
  • #33 Add missing refresh interval for switches

Will be pushed out to Hassio Addons in 5-10 minutes. Docker images are live now!

And some things that I’m currently working on, that will hopefully be coming soon:

• Multiple pages
  • Multiple new entity types, including media players, calendars, climate, fans, and more!
  • Screensaver support

Stay tuned!

4 Likes