Hack a "normal" thermostatic valve and make it WiFi, or RF or similar

is this not working??

It does not work directly with home-assistant. You need to use Homegear and the homegear-max module.

And as I said:

So they do work but you’ll have to follow Homegear documentation carefully to make it work…

I see

has changed 8 months ago, so maybe now is fixed? My Max Cube is arriving this week

Maybe, you’ll have to try to figure it out…

I don’t really understand why you ask all those question, if you even don’t have the cube yet…
Just install it and then you’ll see if it’s working or not…

No Max Cube/bridge are detected, so it won’t work, plug the cube, configure it, and try again.

Yes, your best bet is to simply try the home-assistant component:

I didn’t use/try it in a long time, it might be fixed and working.

It works pretty well with maxcube component.

What is not working is the local temperature (it is at zero in HASS

Is local temperature working?

I don’t know, I didn’t own the wall thermostat:
http://www.eq-3.com/products/max/max-house-solution/max-wall-thermostat.html

The radiator controller don’t report any temperature back to the cube.

not on the original software, but it does to Wall Thermostats, and third party software (also it does to HASS component).

Using homegear/homematic you have it?

sometimes is reporting it (to some valves, not all) sometimes is not.

So far I am not beeing able to understand why the behaviour

The MAx!Cube is losing all the time all configuration. Have to repair all the theromostats. It happened me 3 times now. I don’t think it is related to HASS, I am not sure

I think I better flash a new firmware.

Which instructions did you follow?

The original firmware should be working fine, I’ve used it for at least a year and never have to repair the thermostat. Maybe a problem with your cube? You might want to contact the customer service to see if it’s a well known problem.

it seems a problem that happened to many

the solution is this one

“I had this issue too (twice), in non-exclusive mode. After changing a power supply to one from branded phone and reducing request frequency to every 5 minutes, the issue seems to be gone. 1 month of trouble-free operation so far.”

How do I request this feature (making possible to change poll interval) for the eq-3 component?

Hey
Did any of you guys bought the Eqiva eQ-3 Bluetooth Smart and are you running it with Raspberry pi? How is the range? I was looking if there is a way to have a bluetooth>wifi brigde for the distance.
Running it with the component for homeassistant? As i understand u need a room temperature sensor also to use with this because it only set target temperatur with the valves.

you may run a pi3 in the middle, how far is the valve? I do not think is worth it: just get the RF type, the range is very high

Hey Its on the second floor with 8 meter distance. the raspberry pi 3 is in the first floor.

since you will need a bluetooth/wifi hub (like a pi3), just get the RF hub and RF valve, more simple

Hey range problem can be fixed with this bluetooth> bridge like this one http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-WiFi-to-BLE-Bluetooth-Low-Energy-Bridge/

Maybe its easier with ESP32 that already have builtin bluetooth.

1 Like

What are the differences between:

• MAX! Radiator Thermostat basic
  • MAX! Radiator Thermostat
  • MAX! Radiator Thermostat+

I second @Leandro_Freitas question. These three thermostats don’t have embedded temperature sensors? I see that like a good thing cause anyway I want to measure temperature in other places in the room. Honestly I don’t find it efficient to measure near the radiator… Am I wrong?

I think they all have, in order to know when to open/close the needle