Hadashboard V2 Competition

It is on my GitHub. Look for my username there and you will find it.

Looking at the examples under garage what does warn: 1 mean? I looked at the documentation but canā€™t find anything about it.

Does it work with Lovelace? Is there any caveats?

when you ask someone who hasnt been online for over a year you probably wont get an answer :wink:
but he was talking about HAdashboard which is a webpage and lovelace is also a webpage, so i dont see why it shouldnt work for lovelace.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to wake up this wonderful hadwshboard a bit ā€¦even if itā€™s now v3 bit here some screens:

Work in progress :wink:

Ideas welcome

4 Likes

Do you share your setup code somewhere? For me reading otherā€™s code helps me a lot. I canā€™t have anough examples to shamelessly copy from :wink:

This is my current setup

then at least check out the default skins and see how they work. :wink:

https://gitea.ddns.net/thundergreen/Hadashboard

See here :slight_smile: just pushed on my personal git instance

2 Likes

Where do you think does all this come from? :wink: But not every feature is documented, and sometimes not clear to me. So seeing it ā€œreal liveā€ is always big help.

seems to me that you just use the default skin.
but i meant ā€œzen, obsidian, simplyred,etcā€

if you come accros something that isnt documenred, please mention it to me.
we try to keep the docs as complete as possible.

if a feature isnt clear enough explained you can also ask me, maybe i can improve the docs based on that.

@ReneTode. Thatā€™s correct. Iā€™ve had a look at the other skins, but they all look, well not too good to me, to say at least :wink: I really prefer the clean look of the default skin which looks totally nice to me.

To give an example of where i struggle atm: There are widgets developed here, that find (or donā€™t find) the way to the release. Itā€™s hard for me to say where we stand here.

Letā€™s say the weather widget.

I found this here:

My setup now looks like the default one, but i donā€™t know where to set ā€œdefault, OP, narrow, wide ā€¦ configā€. So i look up the docs here https://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DASHBOARD_CREATION.html# and try to find the settings i need. But i canā€™t find them. This doesnā€™t mean that they arenā€™t there, but just that there are not obvious for me :wink:

there is no policy about which widgets will make it into AD, except that most custom widgets wont make it.
there are a few widgets still on the to do list (input text, etc).
there is a plan to create a collection where people can upload their custom widgets. but its still a plan.

the weather widget is 1 that gets manipulated most.
the default widget has its settings here:
https://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DASHBOARD_CREATION.html#weather
OP is probably customised by someone (so a custom widget)
narrow and wide seem to me a weather summary, that use (2x1) or (1x2) from size

iā€™m no real fan from default, because it is way to ā€œthat what every one else has, and what you can create with other programsā€ :wink: but thats taste :wink: i like it different.

Just a new screenshot:

2 Likes

i got a new picture too.

1 Like

Can u give me a small hint how to make light sliders? :unicorn:

Sehr nice btw :+1:

off course i can.
i did even write it down :wink:

Is it new? Crazy cool stuff mate

Just a small write up how to get this running would be nice too :crazy_face: donā€™t know exactly where to startā€¦ would also like to implement the color picker :wink:

its not new (i didnt change anything in it for 7 months)
how about the readme.md?
it says exactly what you need to do to implement it.

read it line by line (not just the picture and the last line :wink: )

Unable to get into your custom_css directory for some reason. Maybe it didnā€™t finish? Would really like to see how you created your custom hadashboard screens. Thanks!