Hadashboard V2 Competition

what exactly interest you?
because most of what thunder has on his dashboard is default, or can be done inside the dashboard.

In particular, the custom_css skins. While I really like art and design, my skills designing a nice layout are weak.

yeah, i understand.
but like i said his skin is mostly default, except the background.

so the question is what part of the layout is what you like and are looking for.

remember, most things you see in dashboards are not set in skins but in the dashboard themselves.
you only use a skin if you want to change the look from all widgets (or all widgets from a same type)

you can change the appearance from every widget to what is possible in skins individual

so it is:
sensor_widget_style: ā€œsome cssā€ in the skin for all sensors or
widget_style: ā€œsome cssā€ in the dashboard for the same effect on a particular sensor.

Prototyping

1 Like

Hello again.i was just wondering if itā€™s possible to get the map of home Assistant into hadashboard somehow? Would like to use it as extended device tracker information.i saw generic cam with Google maps but would like to use home Assistant map instead .is that possible somehow @ReneTode ?

I made a google maps widget some time ago which also grabs all zones etc. Iā€™ll try to take some time to publish it.

4 Likes

That looks awesome and is exactly what Iā€™m looking for. Iā€™ll wait you published it ā€¦thanks a lot and your dashboard looks awesomeā€¦ would you mind to share it?

+1 plus one trying to achieve 10 characters, I think Iā€™m there.

Waiting your code :wink:

My plan is first to build hadashboard fir my inwann touchscreen and then to completely refactor home Assistant webfrontend for mobile use and lovelace

Iā€™ve a bug. I use custom widget light with sliderā€¦all fine so far but icon_off will not show its icon but icon_on icon .

Another question was is I can also chose color of this icon of on or off

Best regards

i hardly used it myself. i just added it for others.
i didnt change anything from the icons, thats just default from the light widget.
so i dont know if its a bug, i rather suspect user error.

what is your configuration and how does it look in both situations? (please yaml and 2 pics)

i think you can choose color when its off, but it will switch the lights on.
that cant be helped, thats how homeassistant works.

Hi @tjintomas ā€¦wanted to ask if u got some time to share your code :grin:

Sure, I had som cors_allowed_origins error after upgrading Home Assistant to 0.83, and this affects the map widget, so Iā€™ll just sort that out first. I pull the zones directly from Home Assistantā€™s REST API and the upgrade to 0.83 broke that for some reason.

Bad News ā€¦ Iā€™m sure u will figure it out (hope) :crazy_face: itā€™s always the game of risk updating Hass ā€¦getting new feature but breaking previous festures. My Xiaomi custom ac component broke with 80.0 but fortunately a smart guy fixed it directlyā€¦now each upgrade I need to replace one file :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here is the Google Maps widget.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/a-google-maps-widget-for-hadashboard/82678

Works again? Great man did u also add your skin,? I live it!

Works absolutely perfectly but I would love seeing your custom css for your dashboards :wink: thanks so much for sharing

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to post the skin. I dynamically change the css of my skin through some code so that it changes background based on time of day and weather etc.

Thatā€™s awesome and absolutely coolā€‹:+1:as u can see Iā€™ve played also a bit around but your skins seem a bit more professional ā€¦just perfectly :+1:

Which resolution do u use for your skin? Iā€™ve 1980:1024