HADashboard

I think @vkorn needs to update his add-on to pull the latest version of AppDaemon.

I might be barking up the wrong tree here as I’m no expert in any of this, but it looks to me that if 2.1.x of AppDaemon is required, @vkorn’s repository is not going to get it as it’s looking at “pip install git+https://github.com/home-assistant/appdaemon.git@master” and 2.1 is in the dev branch.

So if 2.1 fixes the port issue, either the dev version needs to be put into master or there needs to be an option to select the dev version from vkorn’s implementation.

The fix has been in the master branch for a couple of weeks, so not sure what is happening here. I’ll dust off a pi and give it a try myself.

1 Like

Cool. I just uninstalled and re-installed in case anything had changed. This is my log output

starting version 3.2.2
2017-09-09 14:33:33.237090 INFO AppDaemon Version 2.0.8 starting
2017-09-09 14:33:33.237665 INFO Configuration read from: /config/hadaemon/appdaemon.yaml
2017-09-09 14:33:33.549258 INFO Got initial state
2017-09-09 14:33:33.550643 INFO App initialization complete
2017-09-09 14:33:33.552013 INFO Starting dashboard
2017-09-09 14:33:33.581655 INFO Connected to Home Assistant 0.52.1

Hey @aimc, any chance you’ve had time to take a look at this issue?

So, I spent some hours to understand how this is working, here is the summary:

The addon is pre-compiled to the proper arch image and store in Docker Hub. (So @vkorn should have increase his version number and do a compilation request through the docker CLI to have the latest master version of the AppDaemon.

It is also possible to do a local compilation of the addon, but it takes time and resources and there is a big chance to have an error. (I tried it and still failed) It is also a not preferred method by HA, but if You want to give a chance to that, You can add this repository, which is exactly the same as vkorn’s one, but with local compilation.

Has there been anything concrete on this?, I’ve been reading all of the threads about issues with HASS IO and the Dashboard, each thread says something different setup and each person saying it works (sort of) has a slightly different setup such as using external DNS references, etc.

At the moment I have my configuration files setup like quad1661 suggests - I still get the Java error about getting states (hue lights if it matters). If i edit the javascript compiled files and change the port in them from 80 to 3030, it makes no difference. if I try to expand on the issue by changing the error log paths in the *.dash config I “sometimes” get output but never anything related to the java error - so currently, I’m quite lost.

I came from OpenHab because it was terribly hard to configure, HASS detected all of my stuff without me doing anything which was fantastic - but I’d only use it for the Dashboard so I reallllllly need to get this working :slight_smile:

The solution i am working towards is to integrate the dashboard with homeassistant so no config is required. It will take a little time but that is the plan.

9 Likes

Thanks very much, I love the design and usability of hass but I’m gagging for HADashboard :smile:

If you need anyone to test and of your developments with it, I’d be happy to Guinea pig.

1 Like

@aimc I managed to build an image with appdaemon 2.1.10 and it’s running under hassio.

And I do have a few question too, so drop me line in private so we can go over this.

Thank you! This was very helpful.

Any update on this? This would be wonderful :slight_smile:

Not sure what you are asking?

Sorry, my quote failed! Edited it :slight_smile:
I was asking about the integration of the dashboard with homeassistant.
I’ve been trying to set up HAdashboard for a couple of days now and I’m still failing, so that would be a relief!

I’m getting ready to put out 3.0 of AD which is a complete refactor - it’s taken me a while to get through. One of the goals of this is to make the integration with HASS possible.So When I am through a short beta period, I’ll start looking at the integration in more detail. It won;t be immediate but I have made some huge steps in the right direction under the covers.

2 Likes

I’m very glad to hear it, thanks for your hard work.
I’d be happy to beta test if you’re looking for testers.

Thanks :slight_smile: When the time comes for 3.0 (probably in the next couple of weeks) I’ll post a thread so that anyone who wants to can can help with the beta.

3 Likes

Count me in on the Beta as well, excited to hear about the upcoming release. :beers:

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get HaDashboard running on HassIO? I have the appdaemon add-on V3, are there any changes needed to the add-on config other than the default?

{
  "log_level": "info",
  "commtype": "websockets",
  "system_packages": [],
  "python_packages": []
}

Did you uninstall the v2? Do you have any error? Did you change the AppDaemon.yaml according to the docs?