Haier Air Conditioner

I have 2 Haier ACs with WiFi at my home, and I wonder if I can integrate them with HASS?

Anyone knows anything about these ACs?

I have just bought a Haier AC with wi-fi too. It would be nice to control it through HASS.

Anyone?

1 Like

A year in I’d like to up this thread. How many people are using these ACs here?

Using Broadlink RM Mini. Very nice.

Also works with my other Wifi-less ACs.

Thanks, well, it does have WiFi though. Just the matter of someone reverse engineering their protocol. Hopefully. If someone could guide me to which tools are used for this - I might try to reverse engineer it myself.

There’s also this: https://github.com/instalator/Haier_WiFi looks like someone worked something out?

EDIT: Ah, I see. It looked like it’s possible to replace their built in ESP with another device with the firmware from that link. Here’s an article about that: https://blog.instalator.ru/archives/433
And he even sells it for a 1000roubles: https://blog.instalator.ru/product/wifi-модуль-управления-кондиционером-haier which is equivalent of 15$, seems like a fair price even. Huh.

He does mention, though, that in the latest version he moved all commands processing out from the USB dongle itself into a plugin for IoBroker, as far as I understand it, it means that dongle itself won’t work with, say, Mosquitto MQTT server? =\

Hi!

I made a “custom firmware” for Wemos D1 with ESPHome.

1 Like

oh cool, thanks, will check it out! looks promising. It will only work in hass and not haier app though? asking before I checked it in detail though

EDIT
got it, just hass. Works for me tbh

Hi MiguelAngelLV I congratulate you on the project, could you help me? I don’t get it to work, thanks. :sonrisa_sudor:soy bastante novato.

Um… It look working. What is it the problem? Home Assistant recognize the device.

PD: The router is a Xiaomi 4C? I have one too xD

If it is a xiaomi 4C, :riendo: take assistant recognizes the device but does not turn on or off the air conditioner and does not tell me its status either, esp8266 receives a signal but does nothing

Send signal but does not turn on or do anything.

running, in the air conditioner it connects without usb adapter :sonrisa_sudor:

How does it connect to the air conditioner? With the USB adapter or directly? I have it with the USB adapter, excuse my ignorance.

Not the author, but on the github it says:

I use a Wemos D1 Mini with a “hacked” USB cable. I cut the USB cable and connect directly to Wemos:

Red -> 5V
Black -> GND
Green -> RX
White -> TX

Hi @MiguelAngelLV could you please explain why do you think that it is not dangerous to connect Wemos to Haier without TTL level converter? There is 5V level but not 3.3V. I afraid that it will broke Haier.

The ESP8266 work with 3.3V. The only use of 5V is for VCC, all GPIOs are 3.3V

Hello, everyone.
Andrew Lavrentev seems found the way (and another) to send commands thought local native REST.
Can someone take a look and reengineer it to plain requests, so we can reuse it with REST integration?

Unfortunately doesn’t work for Haier AS25NHPHRA :frowning: No any “Readed message:” in Wemos log… Only something like:

[D][Haier:103]: POLL:
0-255
1-255
2-10
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0
7-0
8-1
9-1
10-77
11-1
12-90
[D][climate:010]: ‘Haier’ — Setting
[D][climate:014]: Mode: OFF
[D][Haier:215]: Sended message:
0-0
1-0
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0
7-0
8-0
9-1
10-77
11-95
12-0

Maybe use other protocol or require a specific message.

Two of my Haier airco systems which i installed last year function fine. Last weekend i installed a third one. It seems it has newer firmware because i can’t get any messeges out of it. The same module is working fine in one of the older two airco units. Is there a way to figure out why its not working. My program skills are not that good.

[09:56:04][D][Haier:103]: POLL:
0-255
1-255
2-10
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0
7-0
8-1
9-1
10-77
11-1
12-90

Do you think the airco itself have different firmware, or the USB Wifi stick?

I ordered my USB stick a day too late (didn’t know if/when the installator was going to install it). So I cannot test it. But when it does, I want to get it working in Home Assistant. Hopefully with the Wifi stick option, but that might be ‘encrypted’…