Harmony Remote Card

@johnyb

in the image you are using the amazon fire stick device. the top buttons are the activities which none are enabled in that picture

@ljmerza
Yes that’s my point. I am actually using the ‘TV (Humax)’ activity but it doesn’t highlight - therefore I assume your remote doesnt realise its using it. When I use the Firestick activity it highlights & the buttons work fine.

This also happens on some of the other activities, when the are being used they are NOT highlighted. Maybe a small issue in the code? Let me know if you’ve got any other suggestions for things I can try this end. Thanks

Thanks for fixing.

Thank you for fixing !

Is there a way to customize what the central button does ? It does not work in many situations for me

1 Like

Dear all, I installed Harmony Remote Card and created a conf succesfully. Right now I wonder about the script to use within a button card to control a logitech advice. As i am a noobie to home assistant i am thankful for any hints. best regards fred.

Is there any way to change the colors? I have a hard time reading the active buttons in HA dark mode.

hey been meaning to make a good update to this card. will try to get around to it sometime this week

1 Like

ive changed the default colors in v1.5.0 but you can always customize with a card customizer card. cant recall the name of it right now

1 Like

use GitHub - thomasloven/lovelace-card-mod: 🔹 Add CSS styles to (almost) any lovelace card

The center OK Button is not working for me. Direction buttons do work. I have no idea why, the actual Harmony remote control or if I remote control with the Harmony App, the OK Button is working. Ive checked the harmony.conf, there is “OK” present.
I am using the Microsoft MCE Type (“Microsoft Remote Control 1040”) of IR Remote.

set the command in the config

Thanks for this card. Would be great if in command: we could also call HA services/scripts/etc. and not only commands in harmony’s config file. Hope it’s something you already thought about.

When i select the CenterPad button OK isn’t sent to the device, i see no activity on the Harmony Hub LED which normally flickers when a command is received. I have tried adding centerPad: OK in the config of the dashboard card, no change at all. any ideas what i am doing wrong? I have created a button to send the command and it works fine. Also cant seem to turn off/on d-pad with your show command.

show_pad: false does not seam to do anything (also tried showpad: false)

whoops it’s showPad but ill change that in the next release to show_pad

@ljmerza
Since version 1.7.1 no Pad is shown at all. See Since update 1.7.1 issues with showpad · Issue #9 · ljmerza/harmony-remote-card · GitHub

2 Likes

I just upgraded to 1.7.3 from 1.7.0 and the pad was gone. I have added
‘show_pad: true’ and it now works.

On github in the closed issue it is suggested to add showPad: true. This does not work though.

2 Likes

hey,
on the harmony remote card for HA, i was wondering,
my firestick center button, requires the “Ok” command on my harmony configuration,
but my virgin vivo box requires “Select”,
is it possible to fire out both commands or change the config to accept both ?
thanks in advance,
stuart :slight_smile:

Update to 2.0.0 and HA says custom:harmony-remote-card doesnt exist
Cleared all the cache but still no worky :(

Also having issues with 2.0.0 custom:harmony-remote-card doesnt exist. Had to rollback to 1.7.3 in order to make it work again.