I have some Samsung Smart TVs and I want to set up some automations, so I can say things like “Alexa, play the office.” This should turn on the TV, open the Netflix app, and resume playing the next episode of the office. So far I can only figure out how to open the Netflix app on the TV (setting the source for the TV media player), and then I get stuck.
The SmartThings app allows me to use my phone as a TV remote. One idea I had is to use this SmartThings API to manually send arrow and enter buttons to control the Netflix UI once it starts: https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com
E.g. Press enter to choose the user, left + down + down + enter to Search, then use the arrow keys to select each letter on the keyboard and spell out “office”, then select the first result and click the play button.
- Has anyone figured this out?
- Is there a Samsung / SmartThings API to play a show in the Netflix app?
- Is there a Netflix API to control a player remotely? (The Plex integration has this)
- Can I root my TV and install an alternative OS that makes this easier?
- Is this easier if I use a Chromecast?
- Maybe I could automate a browser using puppeteer, open Netflix, and cast it to the TV.
- Is there any media player (e.g. AppleTV, Roku, FireStick, etc.) that supports deep links to episodes/series/movie in Netflix/Prime/Disney/Plex etc.? - #4 by keithcroshaw
- Chromecast - Automation to play streaming services (Netflix, HBOMax, DisneyPlus)
- Is there a Media Player that reports the currently playing media title and app