Has anyone got the integration with Plate Recognizer?

I have been trying to configure ALPR Cloud, but have found they offer 1000 credits per month. So looking further and being into cloud solutions and not local installations, I have come across platerecognizer.com.
They seem to be really good nowadays and they offer 2500 image recognitions per month for free.

I wonder, if someone has already configured/created custom integration to support this source?

I’m sure @robmarkcole could whip something up pretty quickly. To fetch some JSON from the Plate Recognizer API is pretty simple:

import requests

apikey = "MY_PLATE_RECOGNIZER_API_TOKEN"
url = 'https://api.platerecognizer.com/v1'

with open ('license_plate.jpg', 'rb') as fp:
        try:
                response = requests.post(
                url+'/plate-reader/',
                files=dict(upload=fp),
                headers={'Authorization': 'Token ' + apikey})
        except requests.exceptions.RequestException as e: 
                response = {'error': 'Plate recognizer rejected the upload. You either have a bad API key or a bad image', 'results': []}
                print ('Plate recognizer rejected the upload. You either have a bad API key or a bad image')
        else:
                response = response.json()
                print ('ALPR JSON: {}'.format(response))

It returns JSON like this:

ALPR JSON: {u'processing_time': 189.618, u'timestamp': u'2019-09-25T20:34:43.992011Z', u'results': [{u'box': {u'xmin': 284, u'ymin': 405, u'ymax': 471, u'xmax': 391}, u'plate': u'abc1234', u'score': 0.904, u'dscore': 0.939}], u'filename': u'license_plate.jpg', u'version': 1, u'camera_id': None}

Nope, that’s definitely a bowl …

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. :rofl:

Yes you can easily edit the code here. I created a feature request License Plate Recognition API with platerecognizer.com

Anyone have this working in HOME ASSISTANT yet? I could really use it.

Jeff