Has anyone implemented the Jinvoo WiFi Smart Valve (SM-AW713)?

Hi,

I just bought a WiFi Smart Valve (part number SM-AW713). It uses the Tuya platform (through Jinvoo or SmartLife). I have it configured in SmartLife, but am not sure how to control it using Home Assistant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

ben

2 Likes

Hmm… I think I sorted it out (well, it sorted it out by itself). The valve actually magically appeared as a switch. I’m closing this for now, but if others have ideas, I’d appreciate your input.

For anyone else stumbling on to this topic after a search, this valve is flashable to Tasmota (using Tuya-convert) and works perfectly in HA without any Tuya cloud access needed.

Not a bad little smart valve for $35USD compared to other solutions that are in the hundreds. I bought the “Famisafe” branded one but it looks like there are many to choose from https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DZTDMTR

Template info: {"NAME":"Jinvoo Valve","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,21,52,0,0,17,53,0,0,0],"FLAG":1,"BASE":18}

4 Likes

Hi Kap,

Can you please share the procedure on how to flash this? I tried the OTA tuya convert procedure but had no success.

Thanks.

Hi,

Did you flash this using sonoff firmware? I could not get it to work. Could you please share the instructions on how to get it to work in HA?

Thank you.

@iamhueman I followed the procedure here: tuya-convert and it worked like a charm. There is a note about not connecting to the device with the app, so if you have done that it could be causing problems.

No I did not connect to any app. :frowning:

Looks like the ones that were shipped to me have already been updated and blocked to perform firmware flashing. :cry:

i just tried and no luck flashing the jinvoo :frowning:

(managed to flash 8 Geeni bulbs ok, but no joy with this valve)
havent paired with app either

there are a lot on the market, but seemingly no visible markings as to which ones will work.
I’ll try a couple more that use the tuya app and report back

version 2 of the tuya convert works! Nice!

I don’t get the reason for flashing a custom firmware on a device that is not built for it - if you do not want to use Tuya cloud, just stop the devices accessing the internet; or alternatively create a separate vlan for all your iot devices without access to your local network (and without WAN access, if you so wish).

All my Tuya devices work fine locally and without internet/cloud access through the smart life app (never tried a different one) and they work flawlessly and perfectly tuned; is there any other advantage I’m missing?

Hmm… I’m strugling with this valve, no problem with Tasmota FW upload, but have configuration problem.

This settings are not OK for me…

Do you know what I need to repair?

PS:
FMC - so you say that you could control device via HA without of presence of internet? Because if it’s working directly via app (locally) then probably there should be any option to work also via HA localy (same as for Xiaomi devices).
For me personaly I like to have devices completly working also in off-line internet situation and withouth some extra apps…

I have problems that GPIO seems not to be correct.

If I set as seen on picture device do not work correctly. I can not trigger device. It just switch from OFF to ON and vice versa, but accually nothing happens. Also After some time it get back to default settings.
Withouth GPIO settings everything (settings) works fine…

So, how to figure out correct GPIO…?

If this will not succed lrobably the best way will be to upload FW:

And then set.up MQTT…

Hi @thisisbenwoo,

Did you actually flash any firmware or home-assistant just picked it up?

Can you share a bit more details how did you get it connected?

Thanks.

No firmware. But it’s been a while, and I returned it in the end because it actually started to fail with a month.

Hi @thisisbenwoo

Oh, if you don’t mind - can you let me know how it was failing exactly?

I have got mine connected by using Tuya app instead. It has a Home-Assistant component already.

I have installed it onto my waters mains switch, and got a flow configured in NodeRed to close water if any of the Aqara Water Leak sensors detect a leak. So I don’t want it to fail when I need it!

Thanks,

Thanks.

Which FW exactly did you use?

hi @kslb - I’ve used a standard firmware, what ever version was there when device arrived. Just used different application to connect it to and then added as per below; https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/tuya/

Yes, via Tuya service, that is not my goal… must be working completly offline… nevermind…