Hass.io+deCONZ+Conbee II - Add-on won't start..../dev/serial/by-id

Hi all,
I am still a newbie, trying to get some helpful things working.
I completely reinstalled hass.io after making some batery levels from mobiles show up via Owntracks etc.
My 1st try to get 2 aqara sensors to work with zigbee2mqtt leaves me frustrated -
This is a new start after 1 month rest :slightly_smiling_face:

I bought a Conbee II Stick, plugged it in one USB port on board the Raspi 3+.
I installed deCONZ - looked up the SYSTEM devices, whre following is shown for my Conbee Stick:
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2122187-if00

Then I changed the NULL in the deCONZ config to
Ā“/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2122187-if00Ā“
But the ADD-ON will not start.

Can someone help to get this Add-on running?
Regards,
Joerg

I have the deconz add-on running. Although I too see the /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2122187-if00 thingy in the hardware section of hassio, I had to use the tty serial port: ā€˜/dev/ttyACM0ā€™

Thanks a lotā€¦
I read about this issue and some people workarounds like yours.
I tried it as wellā€¦but it doesnā€™t work.
When I trigger the start button it has a colour change to red and nothing happens.

My Hardware info shows:
serial:

• /dev/ttyAMA0
  • /dev/ttyACM0
  • /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresdenā€¦

(Sorry I do not understand which signs to use to quote text on german keyboardā€¦)
I have 4 USB ports on the Rasperry 3+ boardā€¦which direct interface names can I try as well?
Is it

• /dev/ttyAMA0
  • /dev/ttyACM0
    but thenā€¦?

Regards,
Joerg

Now it suddenly shows up on the Rasperry screen.
But the Add-on still wonā€™t start.
Button turns red, nothing happens.

My config:

{
ā€œdeviceā€: ā€œ/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2131187-if00ā€,
ā€œvnc_passwordā€: ā€œā€,
ā€œdbg_apsā€: 1
}

So far , I did not

• forward any port for deCONZ
  • I did not use INSTALL CODE written on the Conbee packing

Regards,
Joerg

Just try:

{
  "device": "/dev/ttyACM0",
  "vnc_password": "secret_password"
}

I tried with keeping the Password empty.
No change in behaviour - will not start.
I now added a Password. No change either.

After pushing start button, red color appears and add-on is still stopped.

To start debugging I added the

"dbg_aps": 1

But where can I see the debugging information?
If I click on ā€˜Refresh Logā€™ at the deCONZ add-on page, there is absolutely nothing shown.
Is it somewhere else?

Please help me in my 1st Home Assistant steps!..

Regards,
Jƶrg

here does this help

Hi,
that has been exactly my 1st setup - although I left the password empty.
it seems there are several users with this issue.
Since Version 3.4 there are issues.
There seems as well that there are several work arounds:

1. Addressing the device via i.e. /dev/ttyACM0 ā€˜directlyā€™ - for me it doesnt fix the issue.
  2. connecting the USB to another port ( I have 4 on my Raspi board) - not working for me

So without help I am stuck in another dead-end.
To help myself I wanted to have a look in the debugging log.

By the wayā€¦the Hassio Log gives following error:

19-11-23 08:12:39 ERROR (SyncWorker_8) [hassio.docker] Canā€™t create container from addon_core_deconz: 404 Client Error: Not Found (ā€œNo such image: homeassistant/armhf-addon-deconz:3.8ā€)

Does that help?

Again:

• I have not forwarded any port actually for deCONZ (just in case this is required)
  • I have not used the ā€˜Install Codeā€™ on the packing box of Conbee II Stick
  • it is directly connected to the USB, since I do believe using a longer cable will only help to have better transmission to sensorsā€¦no installation issue should be triggered by this.

Still waiting for helpā€¦

By the way: The Github issue launched did not get any feedback at all. I am new on Github, so not sure if I posted it in the right ā€˜wayā€™

https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/2113

Regards,
Jƶrg

There was a recent upgrade that broken if the VNC port was not mapped.
If the VNC port is not mapped, try assigning 5900, or 5901ā€¦ etc

Do you have a link, where and how that is being done?
I am really new ā€¦

Click the HassIO menu (left)
The choose the deConz add-on to view its options.
Scroll down till you see docker options textbox, below that will be the network ports mapping.

ok thanks,
unfortunately no change.
On DISCORD support platform, @frenck: assumes that I am out of disk spaceā€¦It is a new installed 32GB Card with 2GB image flashed.
So actually I try to follow that traceā€¦

This error seems to indicate it. How did you install HA ?

Agreed, it should be automatic with HassIO, assuming you have the image for it.
docker ps will reveal that. docker ps | grep homeassistant if thereā€™s too much output.
If you can get a normal or privileged web terminal you can sanity check via
docker pull homeassistant/armhf-addon-deconz:3.8 to at least make it available or get the error

I had a second 32GB SD Card waiting for another project. I flashed that one with the same image by Elena batcher.
No SSH add-on or mosquitto add-in now.
Direct install of deCONZ including the /dev/serialā€¦ Text copied to config the deCONZ add-on.
ā€¦
Install successfulā€¦!
Yeah, shakalaka !! :slight_smile:

The 1st SD Card is new as well, bit it has been flashed twice before. Maybe problem? I will check later.

Thanks folks!
1st step is accomplished :slight_smile:

Got the exact same problem as the TS, running HassOS 2.12 and Home Assistant 0.102.2 with an Aeotech Z-stick and a Conbee II USB-stick. Deconz is installed from the addon store. Got 3 additional add-ons installed:

• Configurator
  • Letā€™s Encrypt
  • SSH server
  • (and ofcourse deCONZ)

Iā€™ve also tried many of the same things as the TS, including:

1. Playing around with the device setting (/dev/ttyACM0 or the longer /dev/serialā€¦)
  2. Tried setting another VNC port
  3. Swapped power supply from a POE splitter to the original 2.5A charger
  4. Checked available space (after seeing the post on the Discord channel, answering Joerg)

Most of these inspired by similar threads online.

The hass.io log spits out the following:

19-11-26 20:52:26 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.docker] Canā€™t create container from addon_core_deconz: 404 Client Error: Not Found (ā€œNo such image: homeassistant/armhf-addon-deconz:3.8ā€)

Does any developer want to dive further into this? Or do I have to clean install like the TS?

Many thanks in advance.

What was the result of docker pull homeassistant/armhf-addon-deconz:3.8 in this instance?

Iā€™m getting the same error ([hassio.docker] Can't create container from addon_core_deconz: 404 Client Error: Not Found ("No such image: homeassistant/armhf-addon-deconz:3.8"))

Iā€™m running hassOS so I think that I canā€™t access docker commands? Thank you so much for any help you can give!

I have had deCONz running fine but tried update and get that same error.

Canā€™t install homeassistant/amd64-addon-deconz:3.9 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("manifest for homeassistant/amd64-addon-deconz:3.9

Any idea why we cannot upgrade to 3.9? I am on 3.8 now and all is working great.

Iā€™m running into the same issue, the only thing I havenā€™t tried is using a bigger SD card - but Iā€™m currently using a 64GB SD card. Can anyone validate whether this is big enough?