Home Assistant Supervised (previously known as Hass.io) on Synology DSM as native package (not supported or working atm)

May I ask as a beginner HA user how I can manually add add-ons in Home Assistant?

What I’ve tried so far… I’ve opened the file hass.io/addons.json.
Inside that object {} I see 2 objects called user and system. Do I need to add something over there or am I completely wrong?

Why do you want to add them manually? The whole purpose of Supervised version is to have easier way of adding them? And avoid configuring everything both in addon and in HA for it to work.

Care to share a step by step approach? how did you do it? Is your synology docker app still working?

In my and yours perfect world we don’t want to add the add-ons manually ofcourse. But I’m facing the issue just like others if I’m correct that due to errors which are related to the Synology Docker (Host system) version 18 we’re kind of stuck.

You are running an unsupported installation. Learn more
Your installtion is running in an unhealthy state. Learn more

With these errors in place I’m not able to install new add-ons.

I couldn’t find any solution for this to fix and you refered in your first reply on me with the following:

“But for that I’ll probably edit json file, when time comes and set ignore flag.”

I was hoping you could explain how to realize that with a step by step explaination? Or explain what you meant by that…

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

I asked Synology support about plans for updating synology docker package.

Regarding your question, there is no plan to update the Docker package to 19.03 yet after checking with the developers.

However, I have filed a feature request to developers and product management teams for you. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Have great suggestions for us? Let us know through this form.

Feature Inquiry | Synology Inc.

Maybe it’s a waste of time but if a lot of folks fill that form and ask for docker update, we might get it in some time in future.

Hmm - you probably missed it - it was mentioned here few times. But that’s not manual installation.
That’s workaround for issue.

1. add jobs.json to hassio root folder (for ex. /volume1/docker/hass.io - you can use File Station to create it.
  2. inside jobs.json add one line of code:
    {"ignore_conditions": ["healthy"]}
  3. restart Supervisor from inside Supervisor

This should allow you to install addons and upgrade them.
Errors will still show.
EDIT: Just to confirm this works with Supervisor 2020.12.2 and 2020.12.6 latest version as of December 5th). Tested on 2 systems from 0.118.2 to 0.118.4 and then to 0.118.5

6 Likes

I’ll take a look at it. But there should be a json file in the hass.io root?

Any thing else I should add in a new version?

1 Like

Just jobs.json file inside hass.io folder.
And only code needed inside of it should be
{"ignore_conditions": ["healthy"]}
That’s it - I’ve tested it on 2 systems and that should work.

Nothing else pops in my mind.

2 Likes

Thank you @BeardedConti. I’ve indeed missed the part of restarting the Supervisor from inside Supervisor. Once I did that it was all running smoothly again!

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I am trying updating 118.4 but it is not upgrading on my synology. Getting following message in system log
20-12-04 20:17:05 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

20-12-04 20:21:58 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

1 Like

I restarted Supervisor, it still shows up as unhealthy

And it will, but can you update or install new addons?

Unfortunately not Bearded. this is really frustrating. 2,5 years ago I moved to Xpenology running this package. I have NOT any issues running HA. It was very smooth and my main set-up. Also running HA on PI’s at relatives but nothing but trouble with it. Syno and HA is really a great solution, but now I am considering other hardware because this really sucks. Thanks for trying to help.

1 Like

For those who still encountered the “entrypoint.js” error, disabling and re-enabling advanced mode option in profile page will help

1 Like

Where did you put jobs.json ? And did you correctly input code inside? Also, what version of Supervisor are you running? You have to be on latest version.

Supervisor 2020.12.4 and file is in the right dir. I did a restore of a backup of 2 weeks ago, and now I am amble to do everything again. How ever the supervisor card still shows unhealthy and unsupported.

So for now it works…let’s see where this goes…

.4 version or .2? Just checking… Maybe you were thinking about 0.118.4

So, beta?! :smiley: Well, not running beta channel on my setup.

it does this in my installation as well
suddenly appeared

Your installtion is running in an unhealthy state

i am using it on a DS218+

I searched online and tried to run a command from the CLI container, but it didn’t fix anything.
command -> ha su repair

if I try to update a container it gives me an error:

WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] ‘AddonManager.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

what can I do ?

1 Like